Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

My WW2 deact gun collection

Article about: As my wife bought me TWO guns this Christmas (an SVT-40 and a Mosin Nagant carbine - I have obviously been a good boy) I now have sixteen and feel that this can be called a collection in its

There was something on a forum last year about a biker gang being arrested and a Thompson 1928 being confiscated. The photo showed an officer taking away a Denix replica, in no way a real machine gun but without knowing Aussie laws, perhaps even a Denix replica is illegal.

?

Ahh okay, thanks.

The problem with modern high-end air-soft/replica guns, is that they will scare sheeple and thus sway public opinion
    ("Why would anyone need to have a de-ac on the wall!!?? Who are these people!!??" - imagine this being said in the most whining high pitched PC voice).

Quote by bigfootster View Post
    Glad to see another deac Bren! I have a mkII Englis made from a parts kit. My receiver is torch cut and welded to the lower receiver. The remaining space is filled with bondo. The bolt carrier is welded to the barrel. There is a large spring attached to the cocking handle which moves back an forth.
    Is your receiver original and non-cut, or a dummy? Can you remove your barrel?
    My friend put mine together 16 years ago in his shop. I'll post some pics on a separate thread when I get some time to get some pictures taken.
    Nice collection!

All they have done to deactivate my Bren is plug the barrel and shear off the bolt at a 45 degree angle. It will still cock and dry fire. I don't know if the barrel can be removed or not as I have never tried! (I've learnt my lesson before - taking guns apart and spending the next few days trying to put the damn things back together again).
    I have seen some of the torch cut Brens and they don't look pretty.

Quote by MG42 cra View Post
    Nice collection, BUT may I say that you need some 'proper' guns - i.e German ones!!!
    You say 'proper', I say expensive!

m3bobby-replica firearms are legal to own-however, if used in the commission of a crime, the accused will be charged as if it was a live weapon-certainly, for crime groups that are unable to get real automatic weapons, having a few realistic replicas along with real pistols, rifles, clubs, machetes etc adds to the intimidation factor.

?

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Way to ruin a good Anglo-Saxon versus German arms debate with mere facts!!

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    m3bobby-replica firearms are legal to own-however, if used in the commission of a crime, the accused will be charged as if it was a live weapon-certainly, for crime groups that are unable to get real automatic weapons, having a few realistic replicas along with real pistols, rifles, clubs, machetes etc adds to the intimidation factor.
    No doubt the traumatic experience will be the same for a bank teller or someone having a gun-like object pointed at at his/hers face, whether it be a fake or real gun. The vast majority certainly cant tell the difference.

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Lovely collection, especially the Soviet weapons Just incase you are not aware, the SVT40 you have has sniper rails on either side of it

Thanks for sharing your collection

Danny
    All snipers have rails, but not all guns with rails were snipers. This one was not ever a sniper.

A really great collection with some really great guns. Awesome stuff (even if they are deacs)

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    That's sooo true.... unfortunately... which is probably why I only have 3 in my 'collection' (if you can call it that)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast