Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

My WW2 deact gun collection

Article about: As my wife bought me TWO guns this Christmas (an SVT-40 and a Mosin Nagant carbine - I have obviously been a good boy) I now have sixteen and feel that this can be called a collection in its

Default Re: My WW2 deact gun collection

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Many thanks for the clarification on the deact specs. I was aware that the Bren didn't have the correct butt (but didn't know which one). The Bren is made by Inglis, is there any reason why it has a different butt and do you think I should look for a Mk3 butt?
    The original butt probably split, a common problem on the Mk2 butt which is why the Mk3 butt was introduced (The only difference being the actual butt plate, not the wood). But this didn't solve the whole issue and they still split. If any part was unservicable it would have been replaced with another part and as the Mk2 and 3 butt became obsolecent, the Mk4 butt would have replaced it. I think I may have a Mk2 or 3 butt somewhere if you are happy to pay postage, it will probably need some attension like oiling and cleaning but I'm sure it would be ok.

?

That's a damn fine line up of deac's Grimebox.
    Thanks for showing them.

Brad.

nobelisto
    ?

Lovely collection, i can feel the envy grow inside of me. I see your Mosin Nagant 91/30 has this little star under serial number, mine has the same little star and rifle looks quite similar in terms of how used it looks, does yours have a little star under rear sight? and at the end of rifle tang?

Great collection !!

Quote by nobelisto View Post
    Lovely collection, i can feel the envy grow inside of me. I see your Mosin Nagant 91/30 has this little star under serial number, mine has the same little star and rifle looks quite similar in terms of how used it looks, does yours have a little star under rear sight? and at the end of rifle tang?
    The rest of the markings are, unfortunately, very faint. It is a very battered and bruised example!!

Excellent collection, Im truly jealous

M3Bobby has very kindly given me a new butt for the New Year! (Who needs fad diets)

The Bren now sports the correct butt, and I'm sure you'll agree that it looks a lot better for it. The colour match to the 'pistol' grip is also a lot better than the old butt. I was surprised at how quickly I was able to swap everything over, a few pieces needed a bit of gentle persuasion but I got there in the end (unfortunately my wife probably won't share my enthusiasm when she comes home and finds the odd gun oil and grease stain on the carpet!)

The top picture is the 'before' and the below is the 'after'

Many thanks again to M3Bobby, a true Gentleman who's given a better butt than Rosemary Conley ever could.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 deact gun collection   My WW2 deact gun collection  

My WW2 deact gun collection   My WW2 deact gun collection  

My WW2 deact gun collection  

?

Some very nice pieces there.
    The PPSH has a special place in my heart for some reason. I always liked that one.
    Too bad, that you are not allowed to enjoy even the standard rifles in firing condition.

I noticed these odd marks on the underside of the old butt that I removed, it looks like C U W L . Does it mean anything to anybody?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 deact gun collection   My WW2 deact gun collection  

Great looking collection.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast