Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My WWI Colt 45

Article about: I'm jealous Gary! That is a beautiful weapon and rig you have there. I need to start collecting pistols. Like you said before, rifles take up too much room. The 1911's are just so darn expen

Default Re: My WWI Colt 45

I'm jealous Gary! That is a beautiful weapon and rig you have there. I need to start collecting pistols. Like you said before, rifles take up too much room. The 1911's are just so darn expensive. I guess you have to pay premium price for such a great piece of history. Thanks for showing it to us.

Take care,
    Jay

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Steve she has character. But that 45 you have now thats a work of art . Gary
    Gary,

I was called "insane" by some for holstering my high polish blue Colt Presentation Grade - Serial #7...but, hey, that is what they were made for right? I can't wait 'til mine gets some character!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Gary,

I was called "insane" by some for holstering my high polish blue Colt Presentation Grade - Serial #7...but, hey, that is what they were made for right? I can't wait 'til mine gets some character!
    Engraved pistols with blue wear look good! I put my WW II A1 in my belt "Mexican Carry" every time I leave my apartment. Maybe we are both "insane".

?

Steve most of my pistols are WWII or older and I shoot them all.I carry a WWII walther PP some times when I'm out. I have people tell me all the time that I shouldn't.That I'm ruining them.they are my toy's I will play with them how ever I want Gary

Redhand
    ?

Question Re: My WWI Colt 45

I don't see United States Property on the left side of the frame? Great looking pistol though. I'm looking at a 1911 that was made in 1918 that has approx. 70% of the black/blue finish left on it. It has United States Property on the left side of the frame, the same patents dates as the one shown and United States Army on the right side of the slide. The serial # 337069 is on the right side of the frame. It has a mark on the left side frame of S8. It comes in an unmarked brown holster that is exactly like the one shown in this thread. It has a July 1918 Mills web belt in excellent condition and a canteen (Mills 1918) with canteen marked 7 ACA 1918 and the canteen cup. There are two mags with the pistol marked Colt 45 auto on the bottom. There are some stampings on the barrel that appear to be a Serif style HN and another mark like a P or R. Anyone want to comment on this rig, I'm considering a purchase and would appreciate any info. Thanks

?

Redhand a lot of vets when they brought home the 1911's took the US property mark off the gun. That is what happend to this one. The one your looking at sounds like a good 1918 Colt and rig. Photos would help if you have them. Gary

Redhand
    ?

Thumbs up Re: My WWI Colt 45

Thanks RH1941, I didn't know that about removing the US property. The friend is asking $1200. for this rig. Is that a good price and would I be able to make a little change from it if I decide to upgrade?

?

Look at any of the gun sites that sell 1911's. With out seeing the 1911 it is tough to say. But if you can find a nice 1911 for $1200 thats cheap. Gary

Redhand
    ?

Here are some pictures I was able to take. The pistol is not mine yet so I would appreciate any feedback on worth,condition,any distractions. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WWI Colt 45   My WWI Colt 45  

My WWI Colt 45   My WWI Colt 45  

My WWI Colt 45  

Hello all,
    Until the pistol ban here in the uk I used a parkerised 1911 made by Remington Rand. I believe it was used in the Vietnam conflict. Despite a couple of tiny stains inside the muzzle end of the rifling it was an excellent shooter. I used it for practical pistol comps and never had a problem with it although from the outside it looked a bit battle worn, I rather liked that!
    Such a shame that it's now cut and welded up, hanging on a friends wall.
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast