Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Nagoya Type 38 Carbine 4th Series

Article about: Picking it up for \\$350. Appears to be a Nagoya made carbine but don't know anything else on it. Still in the original caliber, intact mum. Looks to be like it was picked right off the battle

Default Nagoya Type 38 Carbine 4th Series

Picking it up for $350. Appears to be a Nagoya made carbine but don't know anything else on it. Still in the original caliber, intact mum. Looks to be like it was picked right off the battlefield, has one field repair in the wrist area. What do you guys think? This will be my first Arisaka rifle. Can anyone pin point a month/year of manufacture?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nagoya Type 38 Carbine 4th Series   Nagoya Type 38 Carbine 4th Series  

Nagoya Type 38 Carbine 4th Series   Nagoya Type 38 Carbine 4th Series  

Nagoya Type 38 Carbine 4th Series  

Hard to tell much from the pics but I would hold out for a better example unless this is some type of rare production range.
    John

If it is all matching I would have paid 350.00 in that condition considering it as an intact mum.
    It’s hard to make out the series marking.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    If it is all matching I would have paid 350.00 in that condition considering it as an intact mum.

Marty
    It is a Series 4 (small line on top, large line on bottom). So if Nagoya made the 38 Carbine in this series from 1933 to 1940 (assuming my reference material is correct), I guess this would be around a 1935 or 36 manufacture??? Just a guess....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by tank destroyer View Post

Marty
    From what I can remember the bolt is the only non matching part. Still has the cleaning rod as well. should be in my possenion in a few weeks so I'll know then