Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

need help with lee enfield

Article about: purchased this as an impulse buy today it was sporternized post war but i'm having trouble finding any information on it all i know is that it was made in 1942 i have attached some images an

Default need help with lee enfield

purchased this as an impulse buy today it was sporternized post war but i'm having trouble finding any information on it all i know is that it was made in 1942 i have attached some images anyone who can help me find out where it was made or anything else would be much appreciated if you have any questions i will answer them to then best of my ability need help with lee enfieldneed help with lee enfieldneed help with lee enfieldneed help with lee enfield

Default Re: need help with lee enfield

No 4 Mk 1* made by Savage Stevens Firearms in 1942.

They made approx 1.2 million rifles under contract for the British Government - production ended in June 1944.

why doesn't it have a serial number?

Should be marked with the serial number on the receiver side wall and the back of the bolt handle-as a US made Savage Stevens example it should also be marked 'US Property' on the left hand receiver side wall as supplied to Britain as Lend Lease equipment paid for by the US-the sporterisation may have involved 'scrubbing' (polishing/grinding) off the receiver of these marks.-what rear sights does it have-can't tell from the photos.

need help with lee enfieldthese are the sights it had on it at the time
    Last edited by tylerstg; 08-21-2012 at 04:11 AM.