Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need parts for a BSA SMLE No 1 Mk III

Article about: Picked it up at a gun show on a table marked "Cheap Guns." The stock was cut down to the middle of the forestock and the rest removed with the exception of the sights. The barrel l

?

Default Need parts for a BSA SMLE No 1 Mk III

Picked it up at a gun show on a table marked "Cheap Guns." The stock was cut down to the middle of the forestock and the rest removed with the exception of the sights. The barrel looks good.

Basically, I need a complete stock set (might be able to save the butt stock, and the metal for it. ALso need the rear sight protector and screw.

Anyone know of any good sources for parts? I'd prefer BSa but will take what I can get.

Oh, the poor baby was mine for $45.00. My son and I just couldn't leave her there - she's our new project gun.

Default Re: Need parts for a BSA SMLE No 1 Mk III

Hello-what year is it? - is it a III or a III*?

Hi
    There is a chap selling the metal parts on ebay uk do a quick serch and they will come up i am sure.
    Andy

?

Ooops, sorry. I should have provided the year, etc. It is a 1917 BSA No 1 Mk III*. Here are a few pics. Not only did they cut it down but they painted the stock so she's got paint, corrosion, etc. The barrel actualy loooks pretty clean, though.

[IMG][/IMG]

Springfield Sporters sells replacement stocks for about $60. I believe they are complete w/ nosecap and other front-end hardware. Looks like somebody named Bubba got to yours before you did. Good luck with your restoration. Post pics!

?

UPDATE: I've acquired some parts here and there. Picked up a BSA nose cap and screws and a few other parts. I haven't had much luck on finding the lumber that I want. I was talking with my son this morning and he told me the Southern Ohio Guns here in the US are selling No. 1 Mk III drill rifles for $69.95. The bolts are welded but they are complete. So, I ordered one - asked for a BSA but we'll see what I get. That will give me a complete stock and all the metal parts I need. I'll have to strip the paint from the stock and refinish the wood, but it should end up looking pretty good. I'll update when I get the drill rifle with some pics.

?

By the way, I have put it in the "Wanted" area, but if anyone has a link to where I might find a WWI unit marked stock disc, I'd be very appreciative.

Get the DP gun and rob it for the best parts, then as you go to more gun shows and find more SMLE parts, buy them for the DP and remake the DP with second rate parts and then mount it as a display piece.

Next, go and find a No.4 and a No.5............you will!

Reg
    ?

Nice project MarkV, good luck. To quote the other forum members Ebay (for all its faults) usally has most non legislated parts for sale, Ive a 1918 BSA III* and ive had a few safety catch parts and other bits and bobs over the last few years. Looking forward to seeing the finished projects. Butt discs are usually on there too ;o)

Reg

?

My DP "organ donor" is "Out For Delivery" on the Big Brown Truck - should be here by early afternoon!! Let the fun begin!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast