MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

New EU Deactivation Regulations Approved

Article about: The First Part of the new EU Legislation on Deactivated guns has been passed and becomes effective on 8 April 2016 . http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...621527&from=EN This is a link

As they stand the new regulations will require you to have the gun brought up to the latest deactivation spec. when you sell it. For those of you in the States, we have 2 basic levels of deacts, pre Oct'95 and after, or new and old spec. Old spec guns are fully strippable and have fully moving parts, as they were the first guns done when ownership of live guns was banned they are also some of the most collectable and rare.New spec guns have some moving parts or are fully welded, but the magazines are removable .An example, an old spec Mk2 Sten is worth about £950 and a new spec £400 so you can see the difference.What these new guns wiil be worth is anybodies guess. I just don't see my Lewis gun as a terrorist's weapon of choice.

Lightbulb

Quote by phoenix View Post
    . ...when you sell it.... .
    This is the key phrase. The UK government in particular will remember the fiasco over the banning of handguns, when they had to pay out far more in compensation than they had anticipated. I believe the argument was that to outlaw something which has been acquired legally ( without paying compensation ) is a violation of human rights ( ironically enough, under EU law ).

The whole thing is of course a political fudge to demonstrate that 'something is being done', but watch as every effort is taken not to have to pay compensation.

(BTW I'm no legal expert at all - just an interested bystander - so I'm quite prepared to be put right. I'm not looking to get into a political punch-up.......)

This would wipe out about £1100 off an early spec Garand here in the UK.

Absolute lunacy... I don't know about the police in Europe but the police in the states always show up after the crime has been committed. It is a basic human right to have the ability to defend yourself. All this does IMO is make the EU a bigger target for terrorism.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Absolute lunacy... I don't know about the police in Europe but the police in the states always show up after the crime has been committed. It is a basic human right to have the ability to defend yourself. All this does IMO is make the EU a bigger target for terrorism.
    We're talking about deactivated deco weapons...This isn't related to Terrorism or Self-Defense, friend...It's about already-deactivated arms having to undergo a second alteration (at owner's expense) in order to be compliant with the updated regulations concerning deacts...
    cheers, Glenn

Yep more restrictions on already inert weapons. Idiot politicians will try anything to make themselves look good. Don't know how to solve the problem so they take it out on the law-abiding

?

So was this legislation designed to keep guns out of terrorists hands? How ridiculous...

Hummel

Countries have until the 20 of this month to contest the text...None at this day !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I have no intention of selling my Garand here that i have worked damn hard for, what happens to it when i pass on i neither know or care.

I don't know....
    There is another problem with MG 34 or 42 belts. Are they legal or not?
    One people say it's OK, one another said the belts must have 30 parts....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast