Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

New EU Deactivation Regulations Approved

Article about: The First Part of the new EU Legislation on Deactivated guns has been passed and becomes effective on 8 April 2016 . http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...621527&from=EN This is a link

well I say F**k the EU, I am not reducing my deac's to a pile of scrape metal. I have worked and saved bloody hard to acquire all my weapons and I am more than willing to show them to the powers that be to demonstrate to me how the hell they can be made to fire a live round.

You can keep your dea weapons! the problem is for the next ones.
    Everything will be soldered. One friend was at the French TV with a soldered STEN. It was a block of metal.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Didn't the terrorist use AK47 bought from the Belgium black market? I'm not a lawyer but i think that might be already illegal. Do they think that the scum bags went to a show like war and peace bought a deactivated gun and spent a lot of time and effort to get it working which would have cost them a lot off money to do it when buying a black market gun would cost a lot less. A dumb law that will do bugger all to stop any attack.

Yes, a bad law, I don't know a colleague with one dea AK !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Quote by Steven Macquillin View Post
    well I say F**k the EU, I am not reducing my deac's to a pile of scrape metal. I have worked and saved bloody hard to acquire all my weapons and I am more than willing to show them to the powers that be to demonstrate to me how the hell they can be made to fire a live round.
    I'v only got a Bren but hope to add more to my collection one day (maybe a nice c96 mauser one day) I don't want as lebus12 said a block of metal

If/when this come to law, does anyone know if we can claim back from the government? I did the same when they banned handguns in the UK, had to hand in five weapons and loading turrets ect, claimed for the lot!! If this affects the prices them I am hoping we can claim as a loss of investment
    Ben

Ben,

The law is supposed to be coming into force on the 8th of April 2016.

But your Lugers are safe, the law isn't retrospective, anything you already have is fine.

You don't need to have your current collection brought up to the new standards either. Unless your selling on the open market.....

Jonathan.

Quote by severin View Post
    Ben,

Unless your selling on the open market.....

Jonathan.
    But that's the problem, in the future if I sell any what happens then!
    Ben

if you sell one weapon after april, this must be dea with the new new law, with papers.
    So in this time in France, many people are selling before april....I try to buy one G 43 dea to the old norms, very hard. In one month, all I can heve : a block of metal.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast