Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New Items for the War Room!!!

Article about: Hi, Thats the first mp.40 that I have seen stamped like yours. I am used to seeing them the other way around. Is this a common thing? Also, it looks like you have a bfa on the end of the bar

Default Re: New Items for the War Room!!!

Hi,
    Thats the first mp.40 that I have seen stamped like yours. I am used to seeing them the other way around. Is this a common thing? Also, it looks like you have a bfa on the end of the barrel.... is that a real one or one of the copies that are made here in Jersey, Channel Islands. I hope yours is an original one. There is a guy here who makes repro ones as well as K.98 winter triggers, he takes them to Beltring and the such like and sells them in quantity to the dealers who I don't know if they know they are wrong or not...or if they even care. Anyway you are adding to your collection which is always a great feeling...keep it going.
    Jersey 34

?

I do like those badges I hadnt ever thought about collecting them BUT now youve got me thinking!!!!.. I will keep htis 1 under my hat as the Missus will good nuts !!!!... Are they 3 grades for those too???? Cheers Terry.

Finally you got yourself the Mp40

I like the wear!
    aswell as the mosin nagant!

Quote by Tango View Post
    I do like those badges I hadnt ever thought about collecting them BUT now youve got me thinking!!!!.. I will keep htis 1 under my hat as the Missus will good nuts !!!!... Are they 3 grades for those too???? Cheers Terry.
    Hi

Yes their are 3 grades as well.

I love the MP40....a bit pricey for me though!

Cameron

?

Mr J the BFA is real im going to take it off when I find a real muzzle brake to replace it with!! As for the stampings im not too sure to be honest.. It wants to be real otherwise somebody will be wearing a MP40 lol.. Normandie I got the thing in the end, I had to save a few pennies & do some hunting but I found it.. so Im happy with it!!!.. & Cameron cheers for the info another collection to add to the war room!!!! Cheers Terry.

Hello Terry, Great collection you have there, and your Mp40 has arrived, cracking it's an early 5th variation only made by Steyr in 1943/44 and you don't see to many of them about. Great stuff, Jonathan.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi,
    Thats the first mp.40 that I have seen stamped like yours. I am used to seeing them the other way around. Is this a common thing? Also, it looks like you have a bfa on the end of the barrel.... is that a real one or one of the copies that are made here in Jersey, Channel Islands. I hope yours is an original one. There is a guy here who makes repro ones as well as K.98 winter triggers, he takes them to Beltring and the such like and sells them in quantity to the dealers who I don't know if they know they are wrong or not...or if they even care. Anyway you are adding to your collection which is always a great feeling...keep it going.
    Jersey 34
    Hello again, I just spotted that there are 2 pages to this thread, not too clever in the computer dept. but the 5th variation does indeed have stamps/marking done differently. So Terry no fear it's a good one, so no one will be wearing your Mp40! Jonathan.

?

Cheers Jonathan, I didn't know that, thanks for the information it saves me getting angry cheers Terry

Hello Terry, here's a couple of pictures (I hope) that show the differences, mine is the most common, the 4th variation. with the usual markings, the underside of the grip frame on yours should be different too. Also I can't spot it from the pictures of yours but some of the 5th variation did away with the telescopic spring and used a cut down Mg42 recoil spring instead. No doubt to save money and time, but this increased the rate of fire as well. Jonathan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Items for the War Room!!!   New Items for the War Room!!!  

?

Cheers again Jonathan, I can't see the attachment but would be interested in looking at them tomorrow as I'm off to bed now as I work in the middle east, thanks for your time its much appreciated. Terry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast