Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

New to me Preduzece 44 Mauser k98

Article about: Picked up this preduzece 41 Mauser up today and took it straight to the range. What a hoot to shoot! I had a blast. I'm pretty sure I overpaid for the rifle but it shoots so nicely, acurate

Default New to me Preduzece 44 Mauser k98

Picked up this preduzece 44 Mauser up today and took it straight to the range. What a hoot to shoot! I had a blast. I'm pretty sure I overpaid for the rifle but it shoots so nicely, acurate and it is in really good condition, so I doesn't hurt too bad. Lots of waffen stamps still visible. I'm now reading up on it and try to find out more about it. Manufacturer, date etc.

New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98
    New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98

Looks like a pretty decent example of the Yugoslav use of the 98k. Scrubbed some markings but you still have a fine example. Have noticed prices rise on these as well as R/C examples lately as they are often tougher to find. Yours looks nicer than my BYF 44 mix-matcher I had. Picked up some PPU 8MM for $15 at a gun show which is cheaper than the Remington-Federal stuff. Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you. I do enjoy it very much, it shoots so smooth, no comparison to a Mosin Nagant or a Springfield from the same time frame. A Mauser always has been on my list and it was quite the fluke finding it. I was at my local gun shop and was looking through the pre owned rifles, sometimes there is a steal to be found, the owner asked me if i was looking to something in particular and I said that I've been looking for a Mauser for quite some time now. He went to the back room and came out with the Mauser. 450$ after taxes. Came with an original and all complete cleaning kit.
    They had surplus Ammo for 8.99$ per 20rd box. I picked up everything they had, only 5 boxes. After a visit to the range I'm now down to one box.
    I might be looking into a spam can or so but 360 buck for 720 rounds is not that great of a deal.

?

Nice rifle for a fair price,show us some pics of the cleaning kit if you don`t mind....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Nice rifle for a fair price,show us some pics of the cleaning kit if you don`t mind....Pete.
    There ya go bud:

Rifle cleaning Kit.

Preduzece 44 (translation from Serbian) Enterprise 44.. Should also be the letters BT3 inside of a triangle as it was their manufacturing and refurbish stamp. Existed from 1945-1952 then renamed "Zavodi Crvena Zastava" (translation) Red banner factories. Its a beautiful example of the earliest of Yugo mausers refurbed from the k98 and designated M98/48. From the pictures I see its in very nice condition. Nice find

Location of origin

Thanks for all your inputs and kind words. Here are all the stamps I found so far:
    New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98
    New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98New to me Preduzece  44 Mauser k98

The problem with Yugo mausers are that most of the original markings are always grinded away. I see 2 digit german arsenal codes saying that those pieces were manufactured before 1940 by various subcontractors. Waffenwerk CZ (63) I believe is one of them. The serial number of the stock may be original to the receiver or it may not be. We have no way of knowing because broken stocks were and are common place, therefore replaced all the time. What I can tell you is that these were made in batches of 100,000 units. Each letter before the serial number indicated which batch it was from. "A" being the first and "R" being the last (I believe). So literally you rifle was the 1,001,876th rifle to be made as "J" started at 1,000,000. Doesn't mean the bolt was original to the receiver as it is also easily replaced. You see where I'm going with this, they are a potpourri of mauser parts. Having said all of this, these are great shooters as are most of the mauser designs. I say wear out the barrel shooting this baby and have loads of fun