Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

New STEN MkII for my collection

Article about: Hi all, this is my latest edition, a deactivated STEN MkII which arrived yesterday. It new spec and one of the ones form Finland so it has the larger cocking handle and sling loops but overa

Default New STEN MkII for my collection

Hi all, this is my latest edition, a deactivated STEN MkII which arrived yesterday. It new spec and one of the ones form Finland so it has the larger cocking handle and sling loops but overall I'm pretty pleased with it. Just need to get the correct cocking handle, take off the rear sling loop and put on a new barel shroud and it will be back the way I want it.

Ed

New STEN MkII for my collectionNew STEN MkII for my collectionNew STEN MkII for my collection

Nice looking Sten you have. The finish looks good too.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Nice looking Sten you have. The finish looks good too.
    That's because it has a Finnish finish Harry
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I have to agree. The Finnish finish is finished to a finer finish than some finishes. That's me now finished on the subject of Finnish finish!
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 05-07-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Beside the finish we can say that it come out from Finnish Army for the front and butt sling swivels.

?

hehe

Hi,
    Very nice and well done on getting it.
    Dave.

It's funny you talk about the Finnish Finish as they did do a lot of tidying up of the welds, splatter and general fit. Notice how the welding of the trigger housing has been smoothed off.

It's a later produced gun with the clip on trigger cover, I assume the serial number is now stamped? The original electric pencil tended to be removed when refinished by the Finns so they normally applied a new number.

I do know where there is a new barrel nut but it's £25 (Inc P&P) and like most for sale in the UK, it's NOS Belgian. If you have access to some tools you could weld up your existing nut and machine up a cocking handle MkII.

New STEN MkII for my collectionNew STEN MkII for my collection

Photos courtesy of Rod Woods.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I have to agree. The Finnish finish is finished to a finer finish than some finishes. That's me now finished on the subject of Finnish finish!
    Oooh Steve you witty bugger!.....

Nice sten BTW!...

Is it marked [SA]?