Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New UK deact stamp and rules? ? ?

Article about: Hello gents I recieved a new deact today, (really rather new for me, a 1975 AKM) deactivated in Jan this year, but I notice the stamps seem different to the usual cross swords and year, this

Reg
    ?

Default New UK deact stamp and rules? ? ?

Hello gents

I recieved a new deact today, (really rather new for me, a 1975 AKM) deactivated in Jan this year, but I notice the stamps seem different to the usual cross swords and year, this seems to have the year above a scimitar type sword. I cant get a decent enough picture on my phone cam.

Also I heard a rumour that moving parts on all SMG and LMG deacts are to be now dis-allowed.

Can anyone keep me up to date please?

Cheers
    Reg

Reg
    ?

Default Re: New UK deact stamp and rules? ? ?

CORRECTION

The stamp is the letters D A in fancy swirly script above the scimitar motif, with the year below the scimitar????????

Reg

London proof house Reg. You are perhaps more used to seeing the Birmingham version.

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

Yep......Just lookd at the certificate.....first London one out of 28 deacts LOL.

Doh!

Thanks Ade

One of the reasons for this being your first London proofed gun is that the London proof house is becoming more and more stricter than the rules require so dealers are going to the Birmingham proofhouse instead. There have been rumours of stricter LMG regs, but the SMG regs have been tight since 1995. The rumours seam to originate from the LPH and not from guidelines set by government but you can bet your ass that the government will do what the LPH want.

?

well that would suck ! the wepons that are deactvated are alredy welede enough ! i think the next move wil be to bring all pre 1995 deacs up to the new standerd !

Quote by banksy View Post
    i think the next move wil be to bring all pre 1995 deacs up to the new standerd !
    Theres no way the government would be able to do that to all existing deacts in collections that have moving parts. Collectors wouldnt simply hand over their weapons to have this done to them, the ones would be willing to would probably want money in return, and that plus the cost of bringing the deacts to current specs would be a hell of a lot of money. I couldnt see the government doing that because of the money costs, let alone the fact that deactivated weapons are not even a problem. Its far easier and cheaper for criminals to get illegal firearms than to reactivated something thats been deactivated.

Thanks

Danny

Not sure deac possession will be getting stricter but wouldn't be surprised. If they target any weapons you would think that handguns would be the first in line. Have a number of deacs and have always thought that pistols would be much easier to make live firing. Really want a ppsh-41 that can be cocked and dry fired but rare as hen's teeth. Is it really necessary to grind a barrel down it's length, weld a steel rod inside it and then weld the breach solid. Always seen this as wanton vandalism but we are famous in this country for caving in to those in power who are shit scared of the bloody do gooders who think that removing or destroying interesting and often rare items is making us sleep safer in our beds.
    Sorry, rant over!

Reg
    ?

I think much depends in the bunch of numpteys in charge and whichever incumbant vote grabbing home secretary thinks they can make a name. I remember the idea mooted a few years ago about banning pre 95 deacts, but an errant hubby watching mucky films on taxpayers money saved the day.....more luck than logical thought out policy contemplating.

I think I read the article about new regs in march this year on the DWSUK site, ill try and post the link when I get to a proper PC.
    Thanks for the gen on LPH m3bobby, mine of deact gold info as ever

Cheers
    Reg