Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

No.2 Mk.I** .380" Revolver

Article about: Hello Here is my latest firearm. This is a No.2 Mk.I** .380" Cal. Revolver, this was made the Royal Small Arms Factory Enfield in 1942. I have not had a chance to fire it yet. Mark

Default No.2 Mk.I** .380" Revolver

Hello
    Here is my latest firearm. This is a No.2 Mk.I** .380" Cal. Revolver, this was made the Royal Small Arms Factory Enfield in 1942.
    I have not had a chance to fire it yet.
    Mark

Default Re: No.2 Mk.I** .380" Revolver

Nice one, don't expect a tac driver, they're not very accurate in double action. You need to try and replicate the correct british loads on the rounds or the off the shelf .38 S&W stuff will shoot low. Don't bother trying as many owners do, and search for a spur hammer. The Mk1** can't be retro fitted with one so dont bother.

Im a big fan of the Enfield No.2, I've got 9 I think now, my best being this 1929 example number 42

Hello
    I do load the .380" (.38 S&W) Cartridge, a beginning reloader LOL, but my Webely & Scott Ltd. Mk.IV and S&W M&P "Victory Model" Revolvers in this calibre made the jump into reloading an adventure to start LOL. I do "adequate" with the S&W using 158 grain-160 grain lead bullets, but I don't get to shoot much at all. I need to find some lead bullets in the range of 178 grain here sooner or later, as I think that the WWII .380" Mk.II Revolver Cartridge was that weight and the sights should be regulated for that weight? I will attempt some 200 grain lead bullet loads as well to get close to the original .380" Mk.I Cartridge. I'm just grateful to have found my first No.2 Mk.I** Revolver none the less.
    Mark

It sounds like your on the right track with regards to reloading your own, The mk1 200g bullet was cast lead and the later Mk2 (193?) had the copper jacket. Tony is our resident ammo expert and knows a ton on British ammo, he may know of a good modern composition to replicate the Mk2 round.

Right, I did know that the Mk.II Cartridge had a Ball/Full Metal Jacket Bullet. But for reloading purposes, I'd like to just stick with lead.
    Mark

Nice revolvers - These are one of my favorites.........!
    Regards,

Steve.