Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine

Article about: Although not in the same condition as the rifle, I also have the bayonet. Ralph.

Default Re: No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine

Although not in the same condition as the rifle, I also have the bayonet.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine   No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine  

No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine   No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Nice, nothing like having the complete set.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Nice, nothing like having the complete set.
    Thanks, although the bayonet cost me almost the same as the rifle.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ouch! Unfortuntely its like that sometimes....

Just to update this thread.
    A local friend and knife collecting buddy was able to help me find these items for my jungle carbine.
    I already had the retaining ring for the upper fore stock but needed pretty well everything else. The stock came with a shoulder plate and rubber but they were so worn down and rounded that it did not fit the condition of the rest of it. So, the same friend that helped me acquire it also located another one, this one in much better condition.
    The stock has been refinished but whoever did it did not sand it enough to remove the markings although they are a little difficult to read.
    Ralph.

?

I glad to see your search has not been in vain..
    It's time to bring that old war horse back to life!!!
    I look forward to seeing her in all her glory!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I glad to see your search has not been in vain..
    It's time to bring that old war horse back to life!!!
    I look forward to seeing her in all her glory!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil!
    My only dilemma now is to install the retaining ring, I either have to cut the ring and install it then silver solder it back together again. Or, I have to remove the front sight to get it over the end of the barrel. To do this, I have to drive out two pins that still have original paint on them. I am also not sure if the front sight is self aligning or not. I have to do a little research, I have a booklet on the jungle carbine but can't locate it right now.
    Ralph.

?

I have been thinking about this quandary all last nite.. If you remove the sight you mess with the paint on the site pins. If you cut the ring on the bottom and braze it back together it would be under the action and wood. More or less out of site and only you would know that it hides a secret under the woodwork. If you mar the pins, that is going to stab you in the eyes everytime you see it and you'll see because you did it..... I know I see my imperfections when I made knives. nobody else would but I knew it was there and it would always catch my eye.

Jeweler's cut and solder fine lines all the time so a little application of silver solder would work.

Just my 2 centavos.

Good luck Ralph

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Phil!
    Kind of my thoughts as well, as I said, need to do a little research first.
    Ralph.

?

Waiting to see the final outcome on your N0. 5. the one I bought several years ago was heavily varnished. I had it stripped and refinished to military specs and I think it looks so much better now. I also had my repro bayonet refinished to match.

Before:

After:

This is how I display it:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast