Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine

Article about: Although not in the same condition as the rifle, I also have the bayonet. Ralph.

?

Default Re: No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine

I don't see furniture for No. 5s come up often. I checked both eBay and Gunbroker and found nothing. I'll keep looking, though. I'm not sure if they ship to Canada but Southern Ohio Gun has jungle carbine parts guns that they sell. They go for about $160 I think, but that might be a way if you qualify to buy from them and they can ship to you.

I bought a No.5 last fall - pics are somewhere around here - and love to shoot it!

Try these guys, all the wood seems to be sold out, but they have alot of the bits n bobs. They're in New York, I'm not sure if they ship to Canada, but never hurts to ask hehe

Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

?

SARCO has repro butt stocks: British Jungle Carbine # 5 Stock Set

Looks like SOG is out and nothing listed on Ebay other than a rear band. No furniture listed on Gunbroker either. These are tough to find and many people have converted No 4 fore ends to make a No 5 replacement.

Dont be too hasty to swap the wood. This could be a Parker Hale type conversion, a collectable to some in its own right. I'm looking for some details.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Rene, I am not sure what you are referring to "forward of the grip".
    Yes, the wood set has been replaced, hence my search for originals.
    Ralph.
    G'day Ralph
    Sorry I miss read your post about your "wood".
    I mean there should be markings MFG etc. up from your trigger (I don't know the terminology)

Markings are on the butt socket AKA the wrist.

?

Here are a few pictures of my 1945 BSA No.5 Mk1 for comparison so you can see some of the markings people are talking about.

No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbineNo. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbineNo. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbineNo. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbineNo. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbineNo. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbineNo. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    I have read about these jungle carbines and the recoil, so I have read, was horrendous. Does this one have a conical flash hider on the end of the muzzle? I will ask around here for the furniture. In Tennessee where I live nothing gets thrown away. Just "stored".

Mark
    Hi Mark, sorry I missed this post yesterday. Yes, it does have the flash hider on the end. Appreciate the effort.
    Like I said, it only took about 5 rounds before I decided not to hunt with it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you all for taking the time to post.
    I have taken it out again and found a few more marks on it. Without taking the stock off, these are all that I can find.
    Also, one of the flash hider.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine   No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine  

No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine   No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine  

No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine   No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine  

No. 5 Mk. 1 Jungle carbine  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm no expert and I've only ever owned a BSA 15 SMLE III*
    but could this one be Indian made?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast