Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

No 5 MK1 "Jungle Carbine"

Article about: by sawman Hi sitges, Nice Jungle Carbine. I would'nt mind having one to go alongside my SMLE. M14 is right about the M95's recoil. The last time I fired mine it was pretty rough on my should

Default Re: No 5 MK1 "Jungle Carbine"

Quote by sawman View Post
    Hi sitges, Nice Jungle Carbine. I would'nt mind having one to go alongside my SMLE. M14 is right about the M95's recoil. The last time I fired mine it was pretty rough on my shoulder. Cass
    Yeah, "Rough on my shoulder" is one way of saying "Did that knock the fillings out of my teeth?"

Hi Cass, thanks, I really like the look of the longer rifle. You guys make me want to shoot an M95 so I can compare. Don't worry M14 my threads have to tendancy to wander.

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Hi Cass, thanks, I really like the look of the longer rifle. You guys make me want to shoot an M95 so I can compare. Don't worry M14 my threads have to tendancy to wander.
    You are welcome to try my M95 anytime. My threads wander, too, so I like it here already.

?

Hi Jay and M14, This is another good thread. I can spend hours reading and learning on the WRF. Cass

I might have to take you up on that M14 and knock some fillings out. I'm with you sawman, I've learned more on this forum than I did in 10 years of collecting. There are some very smart and experienced guys on here.

I have a friend who is a great dentist so don't sweat the fillings. Ha.

Also have a spot in the desert where we can shoot out to 2,000 yards with not much trouble. 1,000 is no problem at all. (4,000 is doable but it is tough to keep an eye on the terrain in between the muzzle and the target).

To get this thread slightly back on track, I have a No4Mk1 (T) that we could take out and try at 1,000. I'll post some pics in a new thread.

Anytime I hear the word desert my ears perk up. I always go out to Las Vegas and hit Bureau of Land Management Land out about 50 miles north of Vegas. Took my SVT-40 out there last year and must have fired a 1000 rounds. Sounds like that No 4 will reach out there too. I really don't have anywhere around here to shoot that far. 300 yards is about our max. Love shoot'in in the desert though cause their ain't nobody or nothing of any value to hit!

Jay

Next time you are in Vegas, you will only be about 5 hours from my home (and only about 3 hours from where I shoot in the dez!), hint, hint.

I have a friend with an SVT. I could probably trade him out of it....

drm2m
    ?

sitges 1990,

Sitges would not be the Spanish town south of Barcelona...if so ...I have some great memories of that place back in the late 60s.

This is a Jungle carbine that has a lot less character than your gun.

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No 5 MK1 "Jungle Carbine"   No 5 MK1 "Jungle Carbine"  

That is a beautiful rifle there David. It looks to be a BSA made No 5, those are much more rare than mine. Mine does have character but its pretty worn out. That's what leads me to believe it is a WWII bring back. It make me not mind shooting it so much. You are indeed correct, that is the same sitges. I grabbed me a spanish wife and her parents live there. It is beautiful and I plan to be there in July of this year. Thanks for the comments David

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast