Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No1 MkV SMLE

Article about: After about 6 years of searching I finally found my grail. It's a beautiful piece, it's only missing the magazine cut-off, the rest is all matching.

Default No1 MkV SMLE

After about 6 years of searching I finally found my grail. It's a beautiful piece, it's only missing the magazine cut-off, the rest is all matching.

No1 MkV SMLE
    No1 MkV SMLE
    No1 MkV SMLE
    No1 MkV SMLE
    No1 MkV SMLE
    No1 MkV SMLE
    No1 MkV SMLENo1 MkV SMLENo1 MkV SMLENo1 MkV SMLENo1 MkV SMLENo1 MkV SMLENo1 MkV SMLENo1 MkV SMLENo1 MkV SMLE

A beautiful piece for sure. Nice to see those matching numbers. Congrats!

Steve

A beautiful firearm. They just don't make them like they used to. Your patience was rewarded, congrats!

Thank you, I'm really happy with it. I'm going to try to find a cut-off. It was almost too easy, I got to the show early, and went back out after I bought a relic helmet, to put that in my car. I saw some friends just getting there so walked back in with them and the guy selling this had just got there, and was still standing by the door. It's great when things finally click

Very nice rifle !!
    Sorry for my ignorance but what GR under the crown stands for?
    I have seen a bayonet in a local shop with the same GR and at first i thought maybe it meant GReece. Not so sure now..
    Thanks

4md
    ?

beautiful and rare rifle, thanks for showing it

great looking rifle.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Quote by Stratos View Post
    Very nice rifle !!
    Sorry for my ignorance but what GR under the crown stands for?
    I have seen a bayonet in a local shop with the same GR and at first i thought maybe it meant GReece. Not so sure now..
    Thanks
    Stratos,

GR stands for George Rex (Latin for king) and combined with the crown is the royal cypher for king George V of Great Britain. Most british arms, especially in the first half of the 20th century were marked with the royal cypher of the monarch reigning at the time.

Lovely rifle, and thanks for showing.

Magazine cut-off plates and screws should be available from EFD Rifles. Have a look on their website. Or you could try DS SOLUTIONS. Do bear in mind that the magazine cut-off plate for this rifle didn't have a spotting hole!

Cheers,
    Steve.

Thanks guys, glad you like it too. Thanks for the leads Steve, much appreciated

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast