Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.

Article about: Hi guys, Mosin nagants can still be found pretty cheap. Though I would bet about 95% are post war refrubs. So I Thought some people may like this. Here is my 1942 ISK Mosin Nagant. That was

Default Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.

Hi guys,

Mosin nagants can still be found pretty cheap. Though I would bet about 95% are post war refrubs. So I Thought some people may like this. Here is my 1942 ISK Mosin Nagant. That was sparred the standard refrub post war. All numbers matching stock is correct war time production, though no date that I can see (worn stock, so I imagine the date cartouche was simply worn away). Bueing is thin all over. Very rough machine marks all over, that were not poslihed out post war.

Still import marked on the safety catch of the receiver, and under that barrel. Imported by some company in Monroe NC if I remember correctly.

Bore is very poor. But I still rather have one of these than I refurb.

Looks like it just came off the battlefield... Minus our stupid import marks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.   Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.  

Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.   Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.  

A nice find, roughly machined but needs must in war time!...

1942 and 43 are some of the roughest dates. Though my 42 Tula is very well finshed. Seems quality suffered much more at Ishvek (spelling?). 1944 seemed to be a year when the Russians could finally breath a little. I have a 44 ISK which is rather nice.

I paid $140 for this one. So the price was definitely right.

Wow $140 Danny!!! Lot cheaper than those matching 98ks. LOL

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    A nice find, roughly machined but needs must in war time!...

My 1943 nagant patchwork..

This one has a patch work too. I imagine that it still went through an armory post war, but was not refrubed.

If the nazis were knocking at your front door, you would be cutting a few corners around protocol too.

Very true! 1942 was when Germany was at their all time height of conquered land.

?

Hello. I really hated seing the the nagants come in all shiny and pretty. I love the been there done that look to battle rifles. I used to purchase from century arms what they called "cracked stocks" for 20 usd each if I ordered 10 or more. Many didn't not even have broken stocks, they were just dirty. I was able to get many interesting pieces for my collection.
    As far as the rough reciever, might I suggest removing the stock, and looking at the back of the reciever. Were the back tang stock screw is, as this might be a czar era nagant that had its he reciever ground round.
    speaking from experience I have many of them like this and they are dated from 1891 through 1916.
    this was a common practice to rebarrel and reuse old worn out nagants. Many were also war booty taken during winter war with Finland. I have some in collection that have czar marks, Finnish SA stamp, and then soviet marks.
    they really tell a story of a hard life.
    Congrats on your buy and enjoy.

Quote by popeye View Post
    Hello. I really hated seing the the nagants come in all shiny and pretty. I love the been there done that look to battle rifles. I used to purchase from century arms what they called "cracked stocks" for 20 usd each if I ordered 10 or more. Many didn't not even have broken stocks, they were just dirty. I was able to get many interesting pieces for my collection.
    As far as the rough reciever, might I suggest removing the stock, and looking at the back of the reciever. Were the back tang stock screw is, as this might be a czar era nagant that had its he reciever ground round.
    speaking from experience I have many of them like this and they are dated from 1891 through 1916.
    this was a common practice to rebarrel and reuse old worn out nagants. Many were also war booty taken during winter war with Finland. I have some in collection that have czar marks, Finnish SA stamp, and then soviet marks.
    they really tell a story of a hard life.
    Congrats on your buy and enjoy.
    I don't believe it would be an older receiver, mainly because they were well finshed pre WWII even during WW1 they were well machined. Also this has a high wall receiver which is a WWII wartime expedient.

I have and 1891 fin capture from 1927. Had and m39 but sold it. Right now I have 14 Mosin nagants. Just going to be thining them out come soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast