Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.

Article about: Hi guys, Mosin nagants can still be found pretty cheap. Though I would bet about 95% are post war refrubs. So I Thought some people may like this. Here is my 1942 ISK Mosin Nagant. That was

14!?.. I thought I had a lot owning two.

I have an 1899 carbine. Still shoots and bucks like a mule!

Ya..... I know I went through a faze.... Though that was when they were stil $100 bucks each.

I was going through my mosins. Look what I found! East German stamp. Kind of cool. Not my interest but still interesting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.   Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.  

Danny, I think this one went through refurb: look at the boxed X stamp on the barrel, above the date: this marking is associated with postwar refurbished guns (probably near Ukrainian arsenals). Also, it misses the two block letters (AH) on the s/n's, which were originally all stamped in this full way (2 letters and up to 4 digits).
    I have a refurbished Izhevsk '42, AK block, with these same features.

Thanks for pointing that out Ziomanno!

regarding the serial numbers I just assumed that they didn't have to be full length serial numbers, just part of them. It also didn't look like they were scrubbed and re-stamped. So I bet the serial numbers on the small parts are post war re-stamps?

Luckily I didn't pay anything extra for this one, was just an odd one that stuck out at me. So just a average Mosin that had a lazy worker lol.

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    So I bet the serial numbers on the small parts are post war re-stamps?
    Pretty sure. Here is a sample of full lenght serial numbers. Another point to watch for is the font of the #'s: they have to be identical to those applied on the barrel, and I see some differences regarding "2" and "3".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Non-Refurbish M91/30 Mosin Nagant.  

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Pretty sure. Here is a sample of full lenght serial numbers. Another point to watch for is the font of the #'s: they have to be identical to those applied on the barrel, and I see some differences regarding "2" and "3".
    Gotcha ya! Thanks for clearing that up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2