Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Norinco M14

Article about: by sitges1990 Mick, I can't tell you how many of my buddies tell me the Norinco is junk, but they have never had one or shot one. I've had mine for about six or seven years and I'm happy as

?

Default Re: Norinco M14

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Mick, I can't tell you how many of my buddies tell me the Norinco is junk, but they have never had one or shot one. I've had mine for about six or seven years and I'm happy as a lark with it. Fantastic trade my friend!

Take care,
    Jay
    Jay, here's the rest of my Norinco junk

Nice rifle, and nice shooting.

Some of the early Norinco and Polytech M14's had soft bolts. They are easy to convert to use USGI bolts and the Chinese receivers are forged, not cast. Most of the Chinese M14's are good to go.

?

I'm not going to touch mine, I like it just as it is.

I have developed a good 160 grn bullet load for it so consistency is guaranteed, but the trajectory is not flat enough for my liking. I'm going to try again with a lighter bullet weight.

Nice rifle. The M-14 in my opinion is superior to the M-16 - I hated that rifle, especially in the M-4 configuration. I have heard many old timers relish memories of shooting the M-14 and said they were missed when removed from service.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

I was under the impression that they have been brought out of storage and are being re-issued as the troops have found the 5.56mm to be lacking in certain circumstances. You can't hide from a 7.62mm.

I like the way they field strip, it's a well thought out rifle.

Here's a better pic.

Last edited by Mick; 03-21-2010 at 07:33 PM.

?

Marksmen issued better rifles in Afghanistan

By Matthew Cox - Staff writer
    Posted : Tuesday Mar 23, 2010 7:43:07 EDT

The Army is doubling the number of 7.62mm weapons in the infantry squad, increasing soldiers’ long-range killing power in the wide-open expanses of Afghanistan.

Since the beginning of the war, a typical nine-man infantry squad has included a single squad-designated marksman, armed with a surplus M14 rifle for engaging the enemy beyond the 300-meter range of M4s and M16s.

Today, squads are deploying to Afghanistan with two SDMs, each armed with the M14 Enhanced Battle Rifle, a modernized version of the Vietnam War-era weapon that’s accurate out to 800 meters............. Marksmen issued better rifles in Afghanistan - Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times

Just picked up one of these M14s and cant wait to hit the range!

After a little reading in the owner's manual I came across a little bit that went over "slam fires", normally I wouldn't be too concerned about this; but when you lean the gun downwards, the firing pin slides slightly forward... Should I be worried about this, or just put it out of mind?

Slam fires are due mainly to the use of commercial ammo with very soft primers, or reloaded ammo that has high primers. I shoot lots of commercial and reloads and have never had a problem in any of my M14s.

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    Slam fires are due mainly to the use of commercial ammo with very soft primers, or reloaded ammo that has high primers. I shoot lots of commercial and reloads and have never had a problem in any of my M14s.
    Good to hear! Is my firing pin strange for moving into the forward position when tilt the muzzle down, or is this normal?

Quote by KaiGunny View Post
    Good to hear! Is my firing pin strange for moving into the forward position when tilt the muzzle down, or is this normal?
    That is the way it is designed to work. It is an inertial firing pin, with no spring. Totally normal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast