Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Norwegian K98K's

Article about: Hi all Here's my HÆR marked norwegian reworked K98K's. These were used by the Home guard, so I've been collecting some uniforms and fieldgear to go along with my rifles. The norwegian M/51 u

BMF
    ?

Default Norwegian K98K's

Hi all

Here's my HÆR marked norwegian reworked K98K's. These were used by the Home guard, so I've been collecting some uniforms and fieldgear to go along with my rifles. The norwegian M/51 uniform was a copy of the US m1943 uniform, and was used by the Homeguard untill the late 90's. The display shows typical Homeguard kit from the 50's into the 70's. A mix of US, German, British and Norwegian was quite usual. The K98K's (or M/98k - f1 as it's officially named in Norway) were the standard rifle of the Homeguard from the mid-50's (when these were rebarrelled to 30-06 cal.) to 1978, when the last units got AG3's (H&K G3). Some Homeguard units in northern Norway (near the soviet border) got AG3's allready in 1969. Also the Homeguard youths had the M/98k-f1 until 1995.

The top one is a DUV 41 with a zf41 scope. These were the Homeguards first "sniper" rifles. About 300 were reworked, starting on serialnmbr. 150000 and on. The scope that came with my rifle has foggy optics, so I got a repro that sits on my rifle at the moment. I was planning to use it on the roe deers. I just have to figure out how to zero the scope first.

Next is a 42 1940. I got hold of a Energa riflegrenade launcher for this. Made by Mecar in Belgium. I found two different kinds of poaches. With hooks for the US pistol belt, and with a leather loop for the british belts.

Norwegian K98K'sNorwegian K98K'sNorwegian K98K'sNorwegian K98K'sNorwegian K98K'sNorwegian K98K's

Default Re: Norwegian K98K's

Very interesting, thx. for showing !

R.

That is interesting - great display a lot of effort went into that - I like the uniqueness of it.

Pit.

?

Nice rifles. Now all you need is a quality KONGSBERG COLT!

?

Very nice pieces. Thanks for sharing your treasures!

?

How to zero the ZF41 scope, here is a link, but you have to register to see pics

http://gk43forum.com/forum/showthrea...t=7946%20AGB-1

Hope this helps