Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ohio National Guard Winchester Model 97 Riot Gun...

Article about: I made a trade with a friend of mine in Ohio for his 1897 Winchester. His photos didn't do much justice; this gun is (the barrel date is "40") in excellent condition. It has a cyli

Default Ohio National Guard Winchester Model 97 Riot Gun...

I made a trade with a friend of mine in Ohio for his 1897 Winchester. His photos didn't do much justice; this gun is (the barrel date is "40") in excellent condition. It has a cylinder choke, 20" barrel, sling swivels; all indicators that it is a factory made Riot Gun. From what I've read, State National Guard Winchester 97 Riot Guns are somewhat hard to find...

It was sold in 1976 by the Adjutant General's Office as surplus military equipment; my friend's father-in-law bought it; and until my friend received it, it was behind the master bedroom door, ready for action! There is a 4 digit number punched in the wrist of the stock; I suspect it may be a property or rack number. I think I got a fair deal considering what I had in the M1A and the condition of the shotgun...here are my pictures that don't do a lot of justice ever.

Very nice indeed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Very nice always wanted one