Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Old german flare gun

Article about: I had totally forgotten about this thread. It was one of my first here in the forum Welcome aboard dohrmc. I have no idea about your flare guns. Hopefully someone here can help you out.

Default Re: Old german flare gun

I had totally forgotten about this thread. It was one of my first here in the forum
    Welcome aboard dohrmc.
    I have no idea about your flare guns. Hopefully someone here can help you out.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

The two flare guns are Hebels. Photo's of the 2nd show it is WWI Austrian Manufacture, I cannot see the markings on the first photo clear enough to see the manufacturer. I would like to see clearer and larger photo's of the markings.

Good Collecting, signalman

?

I will see what I can do. On the IPad at the moment. I have some photos upstairs on the computer.

?

Old german flare gunOld german flare gunOld german flare gun

I will attempt to post some pictures that I have stored on my computer. Stand by. I did not get any good photos yet of the other flare pistol. I will take those tomorrow.

?

Wow, posting photos on this forum is very easy. Excellent!!! [I usually struggle to post photos]

I have an MP44 mag marked 1001 (like your flare pistol) - it is a post war maker, East German.
    Pit.

?

Old german flare gunOld german flare gunOld german flare gunOld german flare gun

Hopefully, here are some photos of the second flare gun. It appears to be of a much better construction. [It has lock screws on some of the action pins] A higher quality look to it.

Hmmm, got two sets of photos, sorry about that.

?

Old german flare gunOld german flare gun

Here are some details

?

Notice the pitting on the left hand photo above. As a small boy, I remember there being a substance on the gun in that area. Also, the numbers on the breech don't match the numbers on the grip. ?????

The grip numbers are often the unit markings - they are on my reichsrevolver.
    I posted them here or at the Wawards, and got a whole unit history, pretty cool.
    Someone here can probably track your flarepistol, at least to regiment and era.

Pit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2