Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

old lady comes into my shop yesterday

Article about: I had some lady come into my shop and sold me some rifles her husband brought back from the war and some other SS stuff. Anyways, this is the one im curious about. If this was brought back w

gew98, I just read this whole page and you don't know what your talking about with prices. Looks to me like a SS contract rifle bud, you can get a RC for 350!! and a SS contract rifle? come on man...anyways just my thoughts...

?

I was also thinking it might be a SS contract , but does the serial number fall into that batch and should it not have prefix letter before the serial number and also the waffenampt with the SS runes?
    Just curious?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Sorry but it is an SS contract....later SS contract characteristics, it is. This has no prefix number, it does not have the army proof above the Bnz. Is has SS all over it

?

AZ ; I beg to differ. I've only been collecting 30+ years. Mismatch 98's with refinished wood do not appeal tp collectors unless some rarity in markings is present. All of my collecting friends don't bother with RC 98's and or mismatch refinished 98's. Just because one sees some selling for gooberiffic prices on internet auctions does not mean they are worth that. I used to buy these RC and mismatch import 98k's back in the 90's for under $100 each. Got alot of collectible parts off of them and made some fine deer rifles out of them.

Quote by gew98 View Post
    AZ ; I beg to differ. I've only been collecting 30+ years. Mismatch 98's with refinished wood do not appeal tp collectors unless some rarity in markings is present. All of my collecting friends don't bother with RC 98's and or mismatch refinished 98's. Just because one sees some selling for gooberiffic prices on internet auctions does not mean they are worth that. I used to buy these RC and mismatch import 98k's back in the 90's for under $100 each. Got alot of collectible parts off of them and made some fine deer rifles out of them.
    In 2000 I was buying Krugerrand s for $271 and today they are $1,283? I understand that these sell for goofy money on the auction sites, how dare they circumvent supply and demand and over ride our founding principals! ROFLMAO Supply and demand will always dictate true value no matter what anyone says.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5