Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal

Article about: I purchased this Norinco 45 cal knock off a couple of years ago for just having fun and believe it or not I have probably dumpt over two thousand rounds through her with out a glitch, burp o

?

Default This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal

I purchased this Norinco 45 cal knock off a couple of years ago for just having fun and believe it or not I have probably dumpt over two thousand rounds through her with out a glitch, burp or a fart. The only thing that I changed was put a set of cherry woods grips on her as I found the rubber slippery when it was raining and it rains alot here on the Island. Proper firearm maintenance is a must here not only do you have the humidity there is also the problem of exposure to salt air and or worse yet salt water.

Regards Mark k
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal   This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal  

This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal   This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal  

This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal   This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal  

This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal  

?

Default re: This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal

Nice pistola. I only have a .32 Czech auto.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

That would be fun to play with too Pete thoes are a very nice weapon not much recoil and the availability of ammo is endless .

Regards Mark k

I'm a 1911 fanatic... Norinco 1911's are excellent pistols. They are built just right. Before the ban here in the states folks would often use them as a base for tricked out pistols. Personally I think they look best just like you have yours. Nice pistol you got there Mike

what is the build quality of the Norinco like in general as I was thinking of buying one of thier k98 lookalikes for range shooting but was warned they were poor quality and unreliable
    thanks Nigel

?

Default Re: This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal

I cant really tell you what there KAR-98 is like but I do own a Norinco M-14S which is a copy of the M-1 Garand have owned it for about four years and I am happy with it as I have never had any kind of problems with it and have poured thousands of rounds through it on the range . I paid just under $500.00 CDN for it and I have no regrets it shoots straight and it has not required any kind of maintanance beyond the norm .They are getting better with age there quality has improved over the last few years . I look at it like this I would never bring my GI- issue 1911 or my or my 1942 dated M-1 to the range and pour thousands of rounds through them. They deserve a place of respect in my gun case the norinco makes for a cheap alternative for range practice .

Regards Mark K

I have had no experience with Norinco products, but I do know
    they have been around for quite a long time, and your
    pistol looks like a quality piece. I really like the
    cherry wood grips.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you Steve and you are right they have been around for a very long time now the cherry wood grips I purchased in the good old USA , At a small gun store while we were traveling down the Oregon coast I had a choice of between 6 or 7 types of hardwood but thought the cherry wood really went well with the black mat finish on the 45,

Regards Mark K

This one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 calThis one is just for having fun with: 1911A1 Norinco 45 cal

my NORINCO M1911A1

Hi,
    thanks for showing your pistols guy,s im very envious of you, as you know our,s have all got to be deac here.
    but we do miss our handguns.
    dave,