Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this Enfield please

Article about: Hi guys I have been offered this enfield plus bayonet , webbing and water canteen for £475 via another forum I use, was just wondering what people on here thought of his valuation? its a 194

?

Default Opinions on this Enfield please

Hi guys

I have been offered this enfield plus bayonet , webbing and water canteen for £475 via another forum I use,

was just wondering what people on here thought of his valuation?

its a 1942/43 dated (cant quite read the stamp) and comes with the de-act cert

as im quite new to the Enfield/British rifles I was looking for a little help

many thanks in advance

Jim

Opinions on this Enfield pleaseOpinions on this Enfield pleaseOpinions on this Enfield pleaseOpinions on this Enfield please

Default Re: Opinions on this Enfield please

Far too much money.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thats what I was thinking but i like the check before beating people down on price, I have been looking on Jaybee Militaria who I have used before and they have them for £345-£385 with sling etc,

what do you think it would be worth Aide???

the condition of it looks ok, but i wouldnt say it was mint

Hi Jim, the basic rifle I would rate around the £275 - £295 mark tops.

The webbing would all need to be wartime dated.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

To be honest i think its a bit too expensive, you can pick up the webbing, canteen and pig sticker for next to nothing at various places and a deact no/4 can go for £250 upwards depending on condition, so unless this one is in pristine condition you do the math, is it worth it to you, ask how much it would be without the webbing etc , then see what the price is, if he's throwing the other items in then the full price is too much imo

?

thanks for the info Ade much appreciated, I have given him estimates of what it is worth, if hes not happy I will not buy it,

thanks again

Jim