Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this Mauser Mod. 98

Article about: Would anyone be able to provide a little information regarding this rifle? It has been in my family since 1965 when my uncle purchased it. He knows I collect WWII items and asked if I would

?

Default Opinions on this Mauser Mod. 98

Would anyone be able to provide a little information regarding this rifle? It has been in my family since 1965 when my uncle purchased it. He knows I collect WWII items and asked if I would like it. Since I know absolutely zero regarding these things... What do you think?

Regards,

CMH

?

Hello. Some pics of the top of the receiver and the left side of the receiver will help us to give you more information about it.
    If the markings show up to dark in the pics you can use some white out in the stampings to help them show more.

?

Please use reflected light if necessary to show the markings and avoid the white out (IMO) . The electro penciled serial number indicates a rework of some sort.
    Regards,
    John

?

Thank you all for your response. Here are some further images:
    Opinions on this Mauser Mod. 98Opinions on this Mauser Mod. 98Opinions on this Mauser Mod. 98Opinions on this Mauser Mod. 98

Thanks again for your comments.

CMH

K98K WW2 German known as model 98 made by Gustoff-Werke wartime code (bcd) in 1943 looks like a really nice one. It is in I would think 7.92 or 8mm Mauser. Nice rifle slings original are available for it but are getting fairly expenive for a original. timothy

Looks like a standard "bcd" 98K with matching numbers and it's in fine shape. It was made by Gustloff in 1943. The entire production of these rifles from Gustloff went to the Heer.
    Here is a good link to read more about it and it's markings: http://www.ycgg.org/pdfpages/ww2/gustloff.pdf
    And, by the way, if you're not interested in it-I would be!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

My thanks to you gentlemen for the comments and the link to further information.

All the best,

CMH

Fine looking Kar 98. Appears to be Russian Capture by the electro-pencil marking and the bluing applied to metal. Even bolt mis-matches are starting to bring some decent money. Usually go for at least five hundred these days. You might try Gun Boards forum and click on the Mauser 98 section as many pros are there to give you more info. Hope you hold onto it as decent ones are hard to come by.

?

I wanted to extend my thanks to those of you who took the time to reply regarding the rifle. I wouldn't have had a clue as to where to look for information. This rifle will provide a nice contrast to the M1 already I have displayed.

Thanks again friends.

CMH