Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions Wanted, Is this an MN 1891 Dragoon?

Article about: Did you get it for a reasonable price?-the only other one that has been featured on the site was one of Bill Grists-I don't think that there are very many 'deep' collectors of French weapons

Default Re: Opinions Wanted, Is this an MN 1891 Dragoon?

Did you get it for a reasonable price?-the only other one that has been featured on the site was one of Bill Grists-I don't think that there are very many 'deep' collectors of French weapons on it which is a pity (I only have a Berthier M1916 carbine myself-the French service rifles are uncommon here in Oz).

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Did you get it for a reasonable price?-the only other one that has been featured on the site was one of Bill Grists-I don't think that there are very many 'deep' collectors of French weapons on it which is a pity (I only have a Berthier M1916 carbine myself-the French service rifles are uncommon here in Oz).
    I actually got a price that was decent. I think I paid about 20% more than they it was probably worth. But I had never seen that model for sale in over 30 years of collecting. The only ones I have ever seen were in collections. Picked up the bayonet yesterday. When I get it I will post some photos. Today I am working on a deal for an SVT 40 Sniper. It is supposed to have the original notch on the rear of the receiver, an original SVT 40 scope but a repro mount. Real mounts are almost impossible to find as is a real sniper with an original notch on the rear of the receiver where the scope mount locks into. We will see if forgery rears its ugly head.

?

I've got a 1925 Tula that, I assume, was an Ex-Dragoon, as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2