Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Original literature for Sten Submachine Gun. (Help with a 3D model)

Article about: You could try writing to the Leeds Armoury, i believe they have original technical drawings, that were produced in the Cheshunt offices and tech design shop before being passed to Lee Enfiel

?

Default Re: Original literature for Sten Submachine Gun. (Help with a 3D model)

You could try writing to the Leeds Armoury, i believe they have original technical drawings, that were produced in the Cheshunt offices and tech design shop before being passed to Lee Enfield.

Hey guys,

I have corrected my Sten Gun model following m3bobby's observations. Still a few things that I need to do but hopefully getting closer.

Ash
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original literature for Sten Submachine Gun. (Help with a 3D model)   Original literature for Sten Submachine Gun. (Help with a 3D model)  

Me again, gonna be a pain in the a**, move the trigger guard back a bit, make the distance between the front edge of the mag housing and mag the same as the back of the mag to the housing, the box construction of the mag fits into the box construction of the housing if you see what I mean. The way you have it at the moment shows a gap between the back of the mag and the back of the housing.

Next is the trigger mech cover. Here is a link to some pics,

Google Image Result for http://www.freewebs.com/socal_webshooters/images/sten/kit_torch14.JPG

Look at the relationship of the cover to the change button and the 90 degree section removed. Your pic shows the 90 deg section quite far forward, I think it need to be further back and the change button also needs to move back a bit.

I hope you dont think I'm being picky! Its a very, very good pic that I think the fine adjustments are well worth it. If I didn't think it was worth the extra effort I wouldn't bother you with the details.

ATB, Chris.

?

Is this of any help? The OAL of the sten is 30 inches if you want to scale it off the drawing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original literature for Sten Submachine Gun. (Help with a 3D model)  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Just noticed somthing else too, the barrel shroud has 4 rows of holes in your images. The real shroud only has 3 rows.

Quote by davejb View Post
    You could try writing to the Leeds Armoury, i believe they have original technical drawings, that were produced in the Cheshunt offices and tech design shop before being passed to Lee Enfield.
    Cheers Dave, will look into that.

?

The MK2 had s smaller trigger guard which was farther ahead.here`s a picture of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original literature for Sten Submachine Gun. (Help with a 3D model)  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Chris - I agree completely! Your comments have been really helpful! My home computer is down at the moment so I'm replying via my phone which is a tad akward. Waiting for a good gap at work to fit some time in on this and I will address those points.

I really appreciate your input and all the comments & help so far.

Zwerge - When I first start a 3D model like this I will work from Blueprints. The model is then built up to scale. Unfortunatly the Blueprints I had were low resolution and not ideal. Those however are great! I will pop them into my 3D project and reference them against my model.

Thank you

Ash

Quote by zwerge View Post
    The MK2 had s smaller trigger guard which was farther ahead.here`s a picture of it.
    Yes, the trigger guard is further forward on a Mk2, the pics I linked were in ref to the cover (Mk2 is the same as Mk3 version). I still think the guard is to far forward for a Mk2.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast