Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Original literature for Sten Submachine Gun. (Help with a 3D model)

Article about: You could try writing to the Leeds Armoury, i believe they have original technical drawings, that were produced in the Cheshunt offices and tech design shop before being passed to Lee Enfiel

Default Re: Original literature for Sten Submachine Gun. (Help with a 3D model)

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Just noticed somthing else too, the barrel shroud has 4 rows of holes in your images. The real shroud only has 3 rows.
    Looks like the shroud has 3 rows in the images to me :P The model is coming along very nicely though, cant wait to see the end result

Thanks and well done to everyone for their keen eye for detail

Danny

EDIT: Ignore that, I thought you meant the rows as in vertical sorry

Hello all,

Just thought I would drop by and post a pic of the latest version of my 3D Sten model. Following all the great feedback I have decided to make the model more detailed and a bit more accurate!

Hope you like it and as always comments welcome.

Ash
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original literature for Sten Submachine Gun. (Help with a 3D model)  

oh and I forgot to mention that it is still a work in progress, just incase anybody spots that half of the mag housing is missing etc

?

very nice, Ashleigh, youve done a grand job there, its a wonder that you dont make them for reenactment, im sure there would be a market, or even for display purposes

Looking much better mate, post some more pics when your done. Whats next, STEN Mk3, 5, I? or a Bren?

Quote by davejb View Post
    very nice, Ashleigh, youve done a grand job there, its a wonder that you dont make them for reenactment, im sure there would be a market, or even for display purposes
    Thanks Dave, at the moment they are all completely computer generated images, although it is possible to take the 3D file and have an actual physical copy cut.

Once I am happy with the model I'm going to create a short animated sequence that will sort of bring the old ww2 manuals to life! I will post a link here when its done. It's all a rather slow process as I'm just visiting it when I have odd bits of time.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Looking much better mate, post some more pics when your done. Whats next, STEN Mk3, 5, I? or a Bren?
    Cheers mate, and thanks for your input on this. I have been thinking about that actually. Got to be a Bren hasn't it? Ha ha maybe I should do requests.

Just another quick update on the Sten model, I have uploaded a video which shows you the finished Sten (without magazine which I am adding soon). You can view it here Sten Machine Carbine Mk. II (Untextured Model) on Vimeo

Ash

?

It's looking very good Ash. There are a couple of minor things that are not quite as they should be, but I don't think the vast majority would notice. How accurate does it need to be ?

Mick

Thanks Mick,

This is a personal project which I'm just spending little bits of time on here and there so it can be as accurate as I would like it to be. Making it accurate is all part of the fun though so I am more than happy to listen to any further comments. I am only limited by time and my lack of skill in certain areas of 3D modelling which makes some things tricky!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast