Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKS

Article about: Very Nice!!!. I have been in the gun business for 26 years and I have one just like it (NEW UNFIRED). It has a date of 1949 on it. I purchase 3 of these and kept the best one. At that time t

?

Default Original non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKS

I just bought this at a small local gun show a couple days ago. I'm not an SKS expert, but thought this one looked good from what I could see when I bought it. But you know the drill, the gun always looks the best when you buy it but it goes fast down hill when you get home and begin to examine it and find things wrong with it. However I checked it out and everything is correct. The only neg. is that it does have import stamps.

I've had two Vietman bringback SKS's in the past, both Chicom and this is my first SKS with import stamps. It's all original, un-refurbed, matching and has about 98% plus original finish and according to the apparence of the bolt face and carrier it appears unfired.
    I wanted one to shoot but now I have to think if I want to shoot it because of it being a scarce 1950 dated SKS in unfired condition since proofing.
    I suppose it's like a time capsule. What would you do? Ray

Original non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKSOriginal non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKSOriginal non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKSOriginal non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKSOriginal non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKS

?

Default Re: Original non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKS

It came w/ a after market muzzle brake which I removed.

Original non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKSOriginal non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKSOriginal non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKSOriginal non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKSOriginal non-refurbed unfired 1950 Russian SKS

Ray, Very nice Russian SKS....I had one many years ago that came out of the Congo, and was brought home by a UN peace keeper, whom I later met while I was in Special Forces in the late 60s...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Thanks Bill. Also enjoyed talking to you and your friend at the SOS show about the Wisconsin blow-up of the union public workers verses the governor that was happening there. Being from Wsconsin it was of personal interest to me. Ray

Hello-as a collector if its survived over 60 years unshot then keep it so-it will only appreciate both in monetary and historic value and if you want a shooter I gather there are plenty available for relative peanuts in the US-I have several different military rifles that are 'brand new' after 70 years or so.

Congrats they are harder to find all the time got mine in 1991 for 85.00$ each Bought 3 still have 2 Yours Is made by Tula Arsenal. How do you know its not been fired? Just curious.

ERIC

nice sks i have a yugo sks with grenade setup fun to shoot sks sept having too clean it everytime you shoot it is not fun if you dont clean the firing pin it wont work next time you wanna use it

?

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Congrats they are harder to find all the time got mine in 1991 for 85.00$ each Bought 3 still have 2 Yours Is made by Tula Arsenal. How do you know its not been fired? Just curious.

ERIC
    By the appearence of the bolt face. Brand new looking with no appearence of a fired primer ring discoloration or other wear. Also no ding or wear on the carrier. Plus no internal wear anywhere. Ray

Quote by RayG View Post
    By the appearence of the bolt face. Brand new looking with no appearence of a fired primer ring discoloration or other wear. Also no ding or wear on the carrier. Plus no internal wear anywhere. Ray
    Sounds like you did very well Congrats.

?

Just to confirm that it was in fact still unfired. I disassembled it very very carefully in order to check the gas system and rod for any evidence that it had been fired. No evidence was found, everything was like brand spanking new. I was probably the first one to ever take it apart as everything was real tight. Ray

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast