Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

P.38 and holster

Article about: I have just picked up a P.38 with holster and 2 matching mags, which in itself is quite unusual. The items were found during the renovation of a cottage hidden under an internal window sill.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Not too sure on that as I have a few, will have to dig them out and have a look.
    D
    I meant out of the woodwork type of find? under a window sill all this time, amazing !!! the thrill of finding that, must have been a buzz !!!

Great find to say the least!! Holster and all. Prices on em these days in the U.S. are up as collectors of mausers, Lugers, and P-38s really covet them. Thanks for sharing.

Hi HistoryMan,
    Ok, I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I was not the finder. I got a call when that was done and dusted and they wanted rid of the hot potato they had found. Pleased I was called though.
    D

I found this thermo nuclear device you may be interested in...

Great find! I love stories like this, they give me hope that one day I will stumble across a WW2 gem

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi HistoryMan,
    Ok, I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I was not the finder. I got a call when that was done and dusted and they wanted rid of the hot potato they had found. Pleased I was called though.
    D
    Great story however it came into your hands !

What is your greatest woodwork find if you don't mind me asking D ?

Cheers

There are 2 that come to mind. The first was opening the attic cupboard that was stacked with German radio's and an enigma machine. The other was visiting an old chap who wanted to sell a few souvenirs. Turned out he was in charge of all British military vehicles in Berlin in May 45 and had been in the Reichskanzlei, Fuhrer bunker etc and had picked up what ever he could get his hands on. There were well over 100 medals and badges, lots and lots of official stationary, photos, all sorts of amazing items that to a then 17 year old knocked me for 6. I just remember walking in to the front room of his house and immediately feeling violently sick knowing I did not have enough money to buy what was on the table. Luckily I did, and he came back every now and again with more items he had found. He was in charge of the vehicle side of "Terminal" which was the Victory Parade in Berlin and he even snaffled the Union flag off Churchills car and he attended the Potsdam Conference and ended up with one of Churchills cigars and a couple of Stalins cigarettes.
    There are lots of others but those stand out immediately.
    All the best,
    D

Fantastic !!!!! I assume the old chap lived on the island ???

AC41 with two matching mags is a pretty rare find, especially in this day and age...

Hi HistoryMan,
    Yes he had retired here years ago. I memember him clearly as being fairly short, plump, but with a Hitler moustache and a similar comb over hair do. I don't think he was trying to imitate anyone he just looked like him. It always made me smile at the thought of Herr Hitler retiring to Jersey and every now and again coming to see me to top up his pension.
    He died a fair few years ago now but I belive I got everything he had except his medals.
    D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast