Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

P-38 at last

Article about: Very nice P-38............BILL

?

Default Re: P-38 at last

A bit of honest wear does not detract an iota from the gun IMO. Quite the contrary. Who would want a factory fresh gun which has seen no action (be it a Tok or a P38). Anyway even the slightest use of a WWII German gun will mean signs of use because of the use of corrosive primers and a maybe not exactly religious cleaning regime.
    What a beautiful find and to get one in such a very good condition. Even the mags look to be in fine condition.
    Now go shoot it!

Quote by Scout View Post
    A bit of honest wear does not detract an iota from the gun IMO. Quite the contrary. Who would want a factory fresh gun which has seen no action (be it a Tok or a P38). Anyway even the slightest use of a WWII German gun will mean signs of use because of the use of corrosive primers and a maybe not exactly religious cleaning regime.
    What a beautiful find and to get one in such a very good condition. Even the mags look to be in fine condition.
    Now go shoot it!
    +1
    Attached Images Attached Images P-38 at last 
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Well my opinion about signs of use is the same, but what comes to real value of a gun - mint means factory new without any signs of use. And cause someone claimed this sample would be mint just wanted to correct - this ample is not mint - it is in neighbourhood of good.

?

Sorry, I was a bit veiled on that point.
    I quite agree; strictly speaking the condition is 'good' (or very good - what ever) and not 'mint.'
    Its just that owners often dont realize that 'mint' has a quite specific meaning in some collectors circles.
    Personally, I like this 'good'example very much.
    It looks like an old trooper and deserves to be shot a couple of times a year (thats what it was made for).
    Something most would not do to a pristine or 'mint' gun for fear of lowering the value.

PS
    Im not a moderator, but maybe the exact classification of 'mint' could have been expressed a bit more diplomatically

Very nice !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5