Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

P14 or K98k?

Article about: While doing some more 'research', I found someone who has a Vet bring back DOU 44 with a 33/40. Did they start making them like that? http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....&highlight=do

Default Re: P14 or K98k?

While doing some more 'research', I found someone who has a Vet bring back DOU 44 with a 33/40. Did they start making them like that?
    http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....&highlight=dou

A lot happened between the rifle being surrendered and the GI filling in the paperwork to bring it home.

My money is on the bolt being put in after surrender to make a complete rifle.

Pit.

@AZphil, I always give my friends 20 rounds of 1944 Turk to start off, then give the Yugo stuff, that Turk stuff in a 23" barrel goes pretty damn fast from what I've seen

Hopefully it will be a great shooter. It doesn't seem to look
    all that bad from the few pics shown.........
    Regards,

Steve.

That's pretty much what I intend to use it for, I forgot to take a full length picture, I checked out the bore a few times to be sure that there weren't any bulges or pressure rings. Doesn't look its been out of the stock for a long time as well.

?

I got a case of Romanian 8mm awhile back when I went shooting with a friend who has a MG34 and (2)MG42. He's a SOT. I like that stuff. It comes 10 to a box and Its pretty clean shooting ammo. Now you need to get a bayonet for that Badboy!!!!!!!!

Well, after doing some more research, the bolt appears to be from a vz.33, due to the lack of Waffenamts

The P14 doesn't have a 'grenade launcher' sight-that's the long range dial or volley sights for shooting at extreme range-also seen on the early Lee Enfields and SMLE MkIII-they were dropped as new weapons like more machine guns and mortars became available for getting fire support at long range-P14s are formidably accurate rifles (very much designed for it) and formed the basis of the British sniper force at the start of WW2.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I got a case of Romanian 8mm awhile back when I went shooting with a friend who has a MG34 and (2)MG42. He's a SOT. I like that stuff. It comes 10 to a box and Its pretty clean shooting ammo. Now you need to get a bayonet for that Badboy!!!!!!!!
    If only I didn't sell my 44 asw K98 bayonet, I'm in the market for a couple more K98 bayonets so I'll hopefully hav eone for this one and my 1939 K98

Go with the 98K. They keep going up in value and that bolt is a plus. love those 98s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2