Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

P35p Radom Pistol

Article about: Just got this one and hope I did well.

kenjoe45
    ?

Default P35p Radom Pistol

Just got this one and hope I did well.

P35p Radom PistolP35p Radom PistolP35p Radom PistolP35p Radom PistolP35p Radom Pistol

nice one.

I like it!...

Nice! You did just fine I'd say!

It good, I almost bought one couple months ago. Yours is better condition though congrats!

Hi Joe, and welcome to the forum.

You have what appears to be a fine example of an early Grade 2 first alphabet prefix series "occupation pistol". The original German holster and spare mag essentially make for a complete rig, minus the cleaning rod. The finish quality of the pistols by the time of this pistol's production was now evidently in decline as wartime production demands increased. By this time the stock slot has been eliminated and the finished changed to salt bluing. The first K series run marks the advent of the elimination of the clearance cuts on the frame behind the trigger, as you can see with this pistol. Soon the WaA77 acceptance marks on the slide and frame will be replaced with the Eagle 77 mark. By the time of the Z series in this run we start seeing the elimination of the take down latch to further simply the pistol and thereby speed up production. Regardless of the decline in fit and finish decline the Radom proved to be a rugged, dependable pistol and accurate shooter that withstood the rigors of combat extremely well. They are highly regarded (see below) , and their production story makes for a fascinating study

So all in all it appears you did you did well assuming the gun is numbers matching, and also on how much you paid!

Cheers,
    Tony

PS taken from an old article and some of the links may be dead:

Yahoo! GeoCities: Get a web site with easy-to-use site building tools.

In my opinion the Radom would have to be one of the better 9mm Parabellum
    pistols of the second world war. It was well made comfortable to handle
    and incorporated some of the best features of both the Browning Hi Power and the Colt 1911A1.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg61-e.htm

According to some sources (incl. Guns & Ammo magazine), WiS vz35 is one of the best handguns ever built.

403 Forbidden

Germans issued their pistols to Waffen SS and SS Police. Some were used by Kriegsmarine.

Vis pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considered by many to be one of the finest handguns ever produced, it is highly prized among collectors of firearms.

The tests proved that the handgun was very accurate and stable (due to its size and mass, most stresses are absorbed and not passed on the shooter), while at the same time remaining reliable after firing more than 6000 rounds. The Vis was generally regarded as one of the best military pistols of that period.

404 Not Found 1 ima-usa.com

With the defeat of Poland in 1939 Nazi Germany immediately pressed into service and continued production of the POLISH RADOM 9mm pistol. Considered one of the finest handguns of the WWII period.

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:t...hl=en&start=24

Wz/35 Radom
    This may be the best combat pistol ever made that no one knows about. It is similar in operation to the Browning High-Power, but the mechanism makes recoil less violent than even the Browning, and also limits wear on the moving parts. It can be cocked with the thumb, and the only safety is a grip safety, allowing quick times into action. Pre-World War 2 Radoms are of excellent quality;
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Here is mine. I need a holster and spare mag.

?

Very nice pistols guys..thanks for showing. Cheers Terry.