Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P38 ac43

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson PS: Nice one. Val will kill you Ade, she is not impressed mate lol

Default P38 ac43

Well gents I have been naughty twice actually, I also bought this P38. Matching numbers, and old spec so will strip down, dry fire and cock etc. Any info on this gents would be helpful, especially the sword/sabre marks with the 90 below it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P38 ac43   P38 ac43  

P38 ac43   P38 ac43  

Ben

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P38 ac43   P38 ac43  

P38 ac43   P38 ac43  

P38 ac43  
    Ben

?

All I can say is that its very nice I'm sure you're stoked! The blueing is pretty dark, too.

Update:

Now you need the Walther P-38 knife to go with it

Thanks for sharing, Ben.
    Cheers,
    Dean.

I seem to remember from a previous post a while back that the Scimitar stamp is a British proof house mark.

I would not mind a nice hard shell holster
    Ben

Ben:
    I have no idea on your sword/sabre marks with the 90 below it. I have never seen one with this on it before. It may be a proof mark like lithgow said. The only concern I have is where it was applied on this firearm. Odd place on the frame and slide. Most proofs are not that large and put in other places. Quite a Mystery, if I say so myself. i am not that up on P38's as I am on lugers. Great looking Pistol you have there. thanks for showing us.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The proof mark was on a Lee Enfield rifle some one posted a couple of years ago-these sorts of commercial proof marks are usually prominently displayed as they are also 'ads' for the company effectively-as for hard shell holsters, they fetch pretty hefty prices these days like all Nazi leather does but can still be had.

Nice P38 and Intriguing markings! Do the numbers on the magazine match also?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cheers for the info guys, much appreciated, I will check on the magazine, never knew they matched on P38's
    Ben

Those markings are British London Proof House deact marks. It was done in 1990.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Nice one. Val will kill you
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast