Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P38 byf 44

Article about: This came to me several years back as a complete rig with dated 1944 holster in good condition with both magazines original. The history I am afraid has been lost like so many others. Even t

Default P38 byf 44

This came to me several years back as a complete rig with dated 1944 holster in good condition with both magazines original. The history I am afraid has been lost like so many others. Even though the outside had gotten crude in production this has one of the best triggers and smoothest actions of any of these I have shot. Bore is excellent and this one has been to the range many times with me. I was never the biggest P38 fan but over the years my take has always been the early Walther were excellent guns and some of the fit and finish suffered near the end of the war. The cyq's were always horrible fit, finish and build quality. They were completely made with forced labor and it shows. The Mauser always had some of the nicest actions to them. You could tell they still used craftsman on the internals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P38 byf 44   P38 byf 44  

P38 byf 44   P38 byf 44  

P38 byf 44   P38 byf 44  

P38 byf 44   P38 byf 44  

P38 byf 44  

Very nice P38. I always liked these.
    I have shot many of them in my life.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Here is mine its a BYF 44 also with a green finish!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P38 byf 44  

Quote by cat66 View Post
    Here is mine its a BYF 44 also with a green finish!
    The mix they used often was very bad in the late war production. Like the two tone P38's as they are known. But Mauser did a better job of holding quality where it counted on a handgun IMHO. The byf I have I don't think twice about firing it .

Nice P38, Logictox

I love the black grips, makes it look evil and mean Can we see a few pics of the guts?

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Nice P38, Logictox

I love the black grips, makes it look evil and mean Can we see a few pics of the guts?

Mark
    Here are some of the old photos I took of it apart. This time I was just playing with a stand I built to take photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P38 byf 44   P38 byf 44  

P38 byf 44   P38 byf 44  

P38 byf 44  

Thank you for the added photos. A lovely weapon inside and out! These are beautiful weapons and the design is timeless. I know there are P38 collectors but I'm surprised there aren't more. I tried to find the link to my P38 but failed, lol. I'm not a comp geek and have a hard time at times

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

love em.

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Nice P38, Logictox I love the black grips, makes it look evil
    and mean Can we see a few pics of the guts?Mark

I agree Mark.

Wood grips and stocks make weapons seem more like works
    of art - beauty in their form and function - a softer look,
    while black plastic or Bakelite give a sinister 'all business'
    appearance.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast