Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P38 or Radom P35?

Article about: I have both and prefer the Radom VIS 35 especialy the Polish Eagle variant or the early blued German proofed ones with the 3 levers and grooved for the stock.

Default P38 or Radom P35?

Hello all, I'm after some advice on a new purchase. I'm in the running for a deactivated German WW2 pistol and have narrowed it down to two models, the Walther P38 of which i've owned quite a few, or a VIS Radom P35 of which i quite like the look of. Has anybody got experience with the Radom?, is it a nice pistol to own?Regards, Scott.

I have shot both the Radom and the P38. I would choose the P38 couse ih has the unique look (so does the P08, but i dont like the P08), the Vis just looks "normal" look. + the P38 IMO looks and feels much better in hand.

I am a big fan of the VIS.

I have both in my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

But if i had money id would take both. Im not a fan of it, but i must say that its a very fine gun.

I like that solution to the dilemma.

As ever in life, it tends to all boil down to money

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Radom's are Excellent pistols! P38's are a dime a dozen everywhere, but the Radom is the only choice, in my book! What grade is the VIS? Is it early,mid or late war? The Germans endlessly tinkered with it's design over time. The first ones had shoulder stock slots,etc-all sorts of extras and had a superb blue finish. At the end, the Radoms had none of that stuff, but were almost no blue at all on them,no stock slot,and only a safety lever left on them! Absolutely, I would choose the Polish VIS in any state of it's incarnations, though. They are Very well built, balanced perfectly and feel great in the hand.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Radom!!! Ive seen them recently for a little under 500 Pounds.Lovely looking well made pistol.Of course then You will need a holster.......

Thanks for the advice guys!, Radom it will be then. It's going to be a three lever earlier war model with a nice finish. I've had six or seven P38's over the years, and as much as i like them, i think the Radom wins hands down. Regards, Scott.

?

Obviously You know what You would like Scott but have You considered the CZ27?The reason I mention it is because years ago I didnt have enough money for a Luger but really wanted a WW2 German marked Pistol.I had enough money for one and put what I had left over towards a Luger.It is a actually a police model with a little "K" stamped by the eagle on it.

?

Police Cz 27's are extremely rare, I hope you held on to it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast