Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pair of Reisings

Article about: M65, 22 LR on top M50, 45 ACP on bottom. Both have had a lot of use but run like sewing machines. Reising pouch is a bit different from the TSMG and marked USMC on back.

Default Re: Pair of Reisings

for what its worth my grandfather had a story about being ordered to demonstrate an experimental submachinegun for the top navy brass. he aimed, pressed the trigger with the selector in the wrong position and the whole magazine emptied, the gun flew spinning out of his hands and the officers leapt of the bleachers and hit the deck! i think it must have been the early reising with that feature. or maybe he just made it up!

?

Quote by duchamp View Post
    for what its worth my grandfather had a story about being ordered to demonstrate an experimental submachinegun for the top navy brass. he aimed, pressed the trigger with the selector in the wrong position and the whole magazine emptied, the gun flew spinning out of his hands and the officers leapt of the bleachers and hit the deck! i think it must have been the early reising with that feature. or maybe he just made it up!
    It sounds to true to be made up. Experiment SMG to the USN brass, sounds like the Reising. by any chance did he keep a few mags?

no but he did keep his colt m 1917, hope to get it someday....

Bruce
    ?

Back in the 1970s I was offered an semi auto Reising carbine with a Cutts Compensater and a just legal 16" barrel. It was a factory gun, made for police departments but almost indistinguishable from the SMG. $450. was a lot of money at that stage of my life as I had just purchased my PPK Party Leader and was broke again. I could have borrowed the money, but I didn't want to get into that bad habit for a collectible. 33 years later, I'm still kicking myself in the butt for NOT borrowing the damn money. Sill have the party Leader though!

?

no but he did keep his colt m 1917, hope to get it someday....
    Cherish your time with him. My Dad gave me his M1911A1 Rem Rand that he carried in WWII and then was killed in a motor vehicle collision a few weeks later. I would trade it for another hour with him.

I'm still kicking myself in the butt for NOT borrowing the damn money.
    That is the story of my lfie, but you can only borrow so much and then they want the payments. I have picked up a hand full instead of a barn full and had to sell some along the way. Todays military bolt guns will be tomorrows bargins. I'll bet in 20 years they will wonder how M44 NM and No Mk1 LEs sell for ~$100. If you just had enough money for a barn full and could wait about 20 years you would be rich.

When I got the Reising the semis (Model 60, 45 ACP) were as much or more than the sub-guns. (~$500) Model 60s or 65s are hard to find now. There are a few more of the Model 165s (civilian 22LR) around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2