Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzerschreck

Article about: I have a nice ground dug Panzerschreck with some Zubehör. I am about to start restoring it, but I need a few parts, to make it complete. I'll post a few pictures of the Schreck for opinions,

?

Default Panzerschreck

I have a nice ground dug Panzerschreck with some Zubehör.

I am about to start restoring it, but I need a few parts, to make it complete. I'll post a few pictures of the Schreck for opinions, and perhaps some of the Forum readers are able to help me find the missing parts. If any of the forum reader can help me locate the parts I'm looking for I'd be very grateful. The parts I am searching for are as follows:
    I am looking for the rear guard protection railing (which sticks out on the back of the launcher) I'm also looking for the rear electrical connection
    box (with contacts for the rocket) I'm also looking for the trigger-span handle (the arming handle/trigger in front of the fireing trigger) And lastly I'm looking for parts for, or the complete front sight (situated on the front end of the launcher)

Ground dug parts are absolutely ok, as long as they are in such condition that they can be restored.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck   Panzerschreck  

Panzerschreck   Panzerschreck  

?

Default Re: Panzerschreck

I have plenty of original spare glasses for the shield, and I have two very nice original crates for the rockets as well as three original rockets (two of these rockets are to be restored) I also have a original WW2 finnish manual for the Panzerschreck. I have a friend in Finland, who runs her own printing shop, and I am sending the manual to her - for translation, and reprint in English (with the original pictures) in the original format. (Making new booklets in English) The original electrical coil ignition unit is now dis-assembled for restoration with new wires and magnets. (it is not pictured)
    I hope you like the pictures.
    Greetings
    Björn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck   Panzerschreck  

?

Additional pictures of the missing electrical connection box, the rear guard railing and the missing span-handle in front of the trigger.

?

I'd will look for the parts you are interested, probably in Kurtna next Mai someone will have them

?

Hi Dimas.
    That would be very nice
    greetings
    Björn

grounddug27
    ?

hi bjorn,
    ill keep an eye out for parts,

looks like a great build to finish.

good luck
    joe

?

Hi Joe.
    That sounds great.
    It is quite easy to have new parts made, but I prefer to restore it with as much original parts as possible.
    Any help finding such parts are most welcome.
    Kind Regards
    Björn

?

Hi Bjorn,
    Just joined this forum when I saw your post. I have been looking for pictures of the electrical coil ignition for a long time with no luck. Could you please post images of the original parts ? Pictures of your restoration wires and magnets would be great also. I will try to post the only image I have that might show those parts. I found it on another forum.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck  

?

I will try to find a guy who have found about a 15 pieces of them!

?

Hi. Thanks for the replys. I have taken the ignition coil apart, but I have not started on restoring it. I will take some pictures of the parts, and I will also make accurate drawings so that new parts may be reproduced. I will also provide the correct electrical values of the original wire in the coil. (The wire in the coil I have is still in good shape, but it needs to be re-wired, as the insulation laquer on the wire might be damaged and this can cause a short circuit and a non-functional ignition spool) I have also found a good source for new magnets. Although a single magnet in the original size (as the original should have) is not to be found, I belive that two or three rings of magnets, with correct inner and outer diameter can be placed together to achieve the correct length and function.

Anyway, I have not done much progress on the Schreck lately, but I have found a original ground dug rear guard protection railing (which sticks out on the
    back of the launcher), so I'm not looking for this particular part anymore. But the rest of the parts I mentioned earlier, are still on my wish-list :-)

It may be some time until I get working on the Panzerschreck again, as I am currently occupied with a total-restoration and overhaul of my Wehrmacht Opel staffcar, to get it back to it's former glory, and wehrmacht appearance. I'll have the car done and back on the road by this spring. (I'll post pictures when it's done)

That would be great, Dimas. If there is a guy that have found 15 of these weapons, it is very likely that he might have some interesting parts :-)
    Greetings from Norway
    Björn

Panzerschreck  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast