Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzerschreck

Article about: I have a nice ground dug Panzerschreck with some Zubehör. I am about to start restoring it, but I need a few parts, to make it complete. I'll post a few pictures of the Schreck for opinions,

?

Default Re: Panzerschreck

Thank you sir, those pictures and drawings will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Bill

?

Ok. I have started on making drawings of the electric induction mechanism for the Panzerschreck. I'll post what I have so far. I have also found a copy of the original German patent papers for this particular mechanism, wich might help to understand how this mechanism works (in a simplified way)
    What I am posting here this time is only drawings of the Induction coil and magnet assembly. I'll post drawings of the rest of the unit, when they are done. I'll also post some pictures of the original parts later.
    I do not yet have the correct data for the laquered copper wire in the spool. I'll get back to that later.
    Cheers
    Björn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck   Panzerschreck  

Panzerschreck   Panzerschreck  

Panzerschreck  

?

I forgot to mention that I have found a source for magnets. I need to replace the original magnet for the coil, as it has "died" and have hardly any magnethism left.
    The magnets found here needs to be machined to the correct size, but I think it should not be a problem. I have ordered two of these magnets, althou I need only one - but with two magnets, I have some margin for error when I am going to alter the magnet to fit the rest of the parts.
    Here's the link:

SuperMagnetMan Magnets

?

I just found a even better source for magnets. These magnets are not 100% as they have 1/2 mm difference in both inner and outer diameter, but three of these magnets placed together, will get the right length. I think these magnest will work just fine, and there is no modifications needed on these magnets. I have just ordered a set of these.
    Here's the link:

Wir liefern Magnete, Permanentmagnete, Dauermagnete aus Neodym (NdFeB)- Magnetismus ausprobiert

It is the magnets on the bottom of the page.
    /Björn

?

Thank you Bjørn for these drawings. They are fantastic ! I have attached two other Max Baermann patents that use the same principal as the stossgenerator. The one, DE858608 is for an electrified fence and made me wonder if he was using stocks of panzerschreck parts to make the generator. I look forward to your other posts.
    Best regards,
    Bill

?

Both work on the impact principal and have a spring to push the magnetic rod back into position. I had tried to attach pdf files and then saw only jpgs are allowed.
    I have another version that, I think shows multiple magnets stacked around the coil. These versions get more complex as they also cause these magnets to separate to increase the induced current.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck   Panzerschreck  

?

Quote by bogdan View Post
    Both work on the impact principal and have a spring to push the magnetic rod back into position. I had tried to attach pdf files and then saw only jpgs are allowed.
    I have another version that, I think shows multiple magnets stacked around the coil. These versions get more complex as they also cause these magnets to separate to increase the induced current.
    Very interesting drawings, Bill. It looks indeed like that these constructions are using original Panzerschreck inductor spools. In the original unit there is also a return spring that push the core cylinder back in place. This core cylinder is NOT another magnet, but a cylinder made of soft iron. (I thought that it was a magnet too at first) The only magnet in the construction is the ring around the spool. The drawings you have posted are drawings of different (very clever) repeting mechanisms. There is no extra magnets involved, but these mechanisms will reload themselves when the pressure is released, and will fire a electric shock again, when preassure is applied, or the trip wire is pulled. These mechanisms do not need a arming or a span operation as they will arm and span themselves, every time preassure is applied.
    Cheers
    Björn

?

I'll continue the drawing of the rest of the mechanism this weekend, but today I'll spend the day at the shooting range.
    Bjørn

?

I have finished the drawings of the inductive coil firing unit for the Panzerschreck. I hope these drawings will be ok.
    I'll have some pictures taken of the original parts a little later, and post them here. Please note that the drawings are not 100% accurate. The draving at the second page with all the parts assembled shows that the core cylinder only has about 1mm work space. It should have 2 - 2,5 millimeters in real life.
    Greetings
    Björn

?

I have corrected the last drawing with the assembled parts. This should picture the inductive firing mechanism correctly. I had forgotten the paper ring in the assembly picture.
    Björn

Last edited by Bjørn; 03-10-2008 at 01:48 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast