Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands

Article about: EU = Enzinger-Union-Werke. Regards Bigsie

Default Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands

You don't see one for years and then a couple turn up together. These 2 were taken from the German tunnels here in Jersey where they were put along with tons of other German kit after the end of the 5 years of Occupation. Literally everything and anything that was german was gathered up and stuffed into the tunnel and the entrance sealed. As with anything like that after a time people found a way in and kit started to come out. These 2 bits must have come out early on as the wood grips are in near perfect condition...showing a good amount of the original ordnance tan paint. Once out of the tunnels they were painted this horrible greenish colour but the O/T paint is showing through in places. The rust on the tubes is really very little and I am not sure what to do with them..... a light sandblast and a respray or try to strip back to the original paint.... I think the respray is the better option in this case.
    Before I forget to mention it and you guys are jumping on a plane heading here, there's nothing left in the tunnel now. Rust, rust and more rust with the off bit of bakelite. I thought you guys would like to see these 2 panzerschreck as they don't appear to to often and these are without the common SA marks that most of them have.
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands   Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands  

Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands   Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands  

Default re: Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands

amazing, wouldnt mind one, or two

Default re: Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands

Hi D, very nice and hard to find now.

Here is mine:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...se-54-a-18235/

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Finally got one too

Serial no. 1296, with a manufacturers code eue, euo, eup? Anybody know if Otto Reichel (eue), Oskar R Mehlhorn (euo), Knaebel & Co made panzerschrecks?

What are the differences between a 54 and a 43? Apart from the shield were there any design differences to the tube, sight etc. Ive seen photos of 43's and 54's with different sights too. Mine weighs 10kg with the deact bars in it so I can't go on weight really.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands   Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands  

Default Re: Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands

Hi Dave, the main differences, other than weight, are the sights and the resting bar as far as I know?

I would have to do more research on the makers.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

Having searched for pictures I've found 43's and 54's with shields and front resting bars. Guess another reference book is needed (or more panzerschrecks!).

Regards

Bigsie

Hi Dave, I am going by the Finnish issue manual for my info.

The trouble on the net is, people post up incorrect info.

Cheers, Ade.

I know you will have seen these sites, but I include them here for interest's sake:

Panzerschreck

Panzerschreck - a set on Flickr

Cheers, Ade.

Again let's go with info published at the time: draft of the US Itel doc:

raketenpanzerbüchse « Catalog of Enemy Ordnance

Thanks Ade,

I agree, it would seem that some 43's (with no front support) received or were used with shields. Below are some photos of improvised shields. Lets make our own.

Regards

Bigsie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands  
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzerschreck RPzB.54 from Jersey, Channel Islands 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast