Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Panzerschreck RPzB.54 Raketenpanzerbüchse 54

Article about: I will ask about the shield, but that will be with my next trip to Latvia. Probably Ostlanddigger has some. In Latvia they are still being found in the forests and attics

Default Re: Panzerschreck RPzB.54 Raketenpanzerbüchse 54

Here we see the guard around the rear of the launch tube and the terminal block into which the lead from the rocket is plugged into.

In case you don't know how the Panzerschreck operates: the front trgger is pulled which cocks the weapon. The rocket is then placed in the firing tube and is held in place by the sprung loaded catch seen in the photos. It is also held in place by a small sprung loaded pin inside the tube, which also electrically grounds the round to the tube. The electrical lead from the rocket is then plugged into the terminal block. The safety catch on the front trigger can then be released. When the rear trigger is pulled, a sprung loaded steel rod then passes through the ignition coil which creates a small electrical charge which ignites the rocket motor.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerschreck RPzB.54 Raketenpanzerbüchse 54   Panzerschreck RPzB.54 Raketenpanzerbüchse 54  

Panzerschreck RPzB.54 Raketenpanzerbüchse 54   Panzerschreck RPzB.54 Raketenpanzerbüchse 54  

Finally a couple of links of interest:

Panzerschreck

http://www.spiegel.de/international/.../a-611400.html

And as a bit of fun their use by the Secret Service dentists care of Monty Python . Actually this shows a typical ex Finnish Army example. Note the bell mouth added post war by the Finns. This Ofenrohr ("stove pipe") has got the blast sheild mounted sideways, which was sometime done when firing from a trench:

YouTube - Monty Python - Secret Service Dentists

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Guys, thanks as always for the comments.

Ian you missed the makers details in the first post You are too beguiled by the pics

Glad the pics are of use Jimpy. I wanted to take some decent shots and only found time this afternoon.

I am interested to find out more about the safety catch. Was this early or late or was it a makers variant?

There is also a replica round thrown in on the deal, but I will be in the market for originals of both patterns, as there are different length summer/winter rounds.

Cheers, Ade.

Fantastic example Ade where do you find this stuff, I believe these are difficult to find in the UK? Anyway, good luck with finding the shield for it

Thanks for showing it and explaining how it works

Danny

Hi Danny, you are correct, they are not that easy to find over here.

I very very rarely buy from dealers and haven't for some years now. It is really all about friendships and "networking". Letting people know what you are interested in, (in my case everything!) and making sure that you can strike a fair deal.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Very nice PS indeed. Two thumbs up

Very nice peice Ade, fantastic condition i might add.

Bet it was fairly priced too, helps when you know the seller

Thanks for showing and let us know when you find a sheild for it.

Cheers-

Darren.L

Thanks Guys.

You are right Darren, it was a very good price My friend did me proud.

Here are a couple of pics of the repro round thrown in on the deal. I don't like repro, so this will be sold on. I will be looking for originals, ammo boxes, sheild etc later this year.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzerschreck RPzB.54 Raketenpanzerbüchse 54  Panzerschreck RPzB.54 Raketenpanzerbüchse 54 

Thanks Ade for great pictures and good info on this weapon.
    I will keep an eye out for shield and other stuff for it.

Best regards
    Anders

?

Ade very nice. Also great photos . Good luck finding the sheild. Gary

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast