Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

peabody martini rifle

Article about: by dogdog47 Hi Lee you must be able to get hold of one in this country without going to the expence of importing one? is it a peabody you are after or the more common Martini henry? there is

Default Re: peabody martini rifle

Quote by dogdog47 View Post
    Hi Lee
    you must be able to get hold of one in this country without going to the expence of importing one?
    is it a peabody you are after or the more common Martini henry?
    there is a big price differance its hard to find a cheap Henry they all seem to be at least £500 to £600 this is too much i think though deacs go for much less.
    Andy
    realy i want a mk1 , 2 or 3 martini henry but as you said they are fetching alot of money now but im willing to settle for a good nepalese version (gahendra or Francotte patters ). i guess its keep searching or save up

the dealer had some martini rifles for around £320 to £340 i think this is about as cheep as you will find. the trouble is you have to purchase a very dirty gun that will be blocked up with dirt and gunk so you wont be able to look at things like rifling and action condition so it's a bit of a gamble but fun if you like getting your hands dirty.

some more picks of the rebuild i will take some more as it is near finished.
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture peabody martini rifle   peabody martini rifle  

peabody martini rifle   peabody martini rifle  

peabody martini rifle  

Quote by dogdog47 View Post
    the dealer had some martini rifles for around £320 to £340 i think this is about as cheep as you will find. the trouble is you have to purchase a very dirty gun that will be blocked up with dirt and gunk so you wont be able to look at things like rifling and action condition so it's a bit of a gamble but fun if you like getting your hands dirty.
    i dont mind abit of work restoring one i enjoy bringing life back into things like this, it would be nice if it was shootable at the end of it but its realy only for hanging on the wall. ill have a good look the weekend and see if he is there, fingers crossed ill be comeing home with one

this advert for one is nothing at all to do with me,,but think this is more than a cleaning rod for sale,why not have a go for it RARE MARTINI HENRY FRANCOTTE RIFLE CLEANING ROD on eBay (end time 14-Jun-10 19:27:07 BST)

Quote by spotter View Post
    this advert for one is nothing at all to do with me,,but think this is more than a cleaning rod for sale,why not have a go for it RARE MARTINI HENRY FRANCOTTE RIFLE CLEANING ROD on eBay (end time 14-Jun-10 19:27:07 BST)
    thats one way to get around ebay i think ill email him and find out. it doesnt look too bad........ thanks for the link

?

International Military Antiques (IMA) has Martini Henrys for sale here in the US. I live close to their new retail store and went there with my son to look at the Henrys. You can purchase one cleaned up for $700 to $850 or take one that needs to be cleaned/restored for $350 or so depending on the model. I may just have to grab one to work on!

its got to be worth a go. nice rifles to have on the wall.
    Andy

hear is the finished gun after much cleaning off of yak fat yuck.don't know what it says on the but my nepalese is a bit rusty.
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture peabody martini rifle   peabody martini rifle  

Last edited by dogdog47; 06-12-2010 at 10:03 PM.

that looks great....fantastic job................................... hopefully ill be comeing home with one tomorrow if all goes well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast