Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

Quote by Andysilverado View Post
    Hello Everyone. I recently acquired my Grandfathers BYF 45 Sporterized All matching (as far as I can tell) K98 and was wondering where I should REFERENCE to restore it? They took the rear sights off and replaced it with a Lyman peep. Any good project forums I can reference? Also is a 45 oberndorf unusual? Ive only seen 44 and older. Not a Russian Capture as far I can tell.

Ill post pics soon.
    Post pics!

In the meantime, as I see this thread isn't exactly super active, I'll post my East German refurb BsW 1938.

It's DDR as I said, so it's been force matched and therefore not as cool as could be, but I still think it's cool and interesting as it's made it through 2 oppressive governments.

Nice-looking rifle...I'm not familiar with DDR Markings...how can you tell? I do, however, see a Federal Republic Eagle on the side...
    Is it still functionable? Thanks for showing, here is my functioning 7mm Mauser 95 Short Rifle, 1895-produced by Ludwig Loewe, Berlin for export to Chile...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles? 

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Nice-looking rifle...I'm not familiar with DDR Markings...how can you tell? I do, however, see a Federal Republic Eagle on the side...
    Is it still functionable? Thanks for showing, here is my functioning 7mm Mauser 95 Short Rifle, 1895-produced by Ludwig Loewe, Berlin for export to Chile...
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

The eagle with the 'u' under it is the DDR acceptance stamp. The West German eagle is actually an earlier eagle, imperial. Also, on the other side is the number 1108, which is the factory where these were reworked. Lastly, it's been renumbered using different parts. This is all from what i remember, so I could be very, very wrong!! I'm quite far from my reference materials and, as I'm in Russia, can't access the better Kar98k forum.

I dig the 95, Glenn. Is it Swedish, by any chance? (I don't know much about them) I see an 'x' or maybe two hammers on back of the safety, what are those?

Thanks, it's German-made for the Chilean Military, and the crossed hammers are Chilean Inspector's Stamps...
    cheers, Glenn

:
    Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Thanks, it's German-made for the Chilean Military, and the crossed hammers are Chilean Inspector's Stamps...
    cheers, Glenn
    Ahhhh... for some reason that last photo, which tells all, didn't show up the first time i checked this!

And apparently, i'm a bad reader! Yea, mine works fine.

I had a Turkish 1898 a while ago. The exports are pretty cool.

?

Exclamation

Quote by popeye View Post
    Here are my three 98k mausers.
    The other was imported by Century Arms in the 1990's. I have never shot the Israeli k98 cause I have heard the they can't handle the pressure of the 308. But I am not sure if I believe them as I have know several folks who have used 98 receivers to make big game rifles.
    But the other 2 shot great.
    Whoever told you that the Isreali isn't safe to shoot is an Idiot!!! The K98k, even the late war rifles, will handle a lot more pressure than an 8mm or a 308 produces! Shoot it and enjoy it!
    I've got several and have No hesitation shooting them!
    Sarge

?

Quote by popeye View Post
    Here are my three 98k mausers.
    I am not sure what the EJ and the DOT 13 (inside the shield) means. Anyone know?
    The 2 are vet bring backs.
    The other was imported by Century Arms in the 1990's. I have never shot the Israeli k98 cause I have heard the they can't handle the pressure of the 308. But I am not sure if I believe them as I have know several folks who have used 98 receivers to make big game rifles.
    But the other 2 shot great.
    The person who told you that doesn`t know their a$$ from a hole in the ground......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

1942 Mauser K98 "Gustloff" bcd Russian Capture

Quote by 2k05gt View Post
    1942 Mauser K98 "Gustloff" bcd Russian Capture

Great looking rifle and nice colour to the stock!...

Absolutely beautiful rifles all. Congrats to everyone who has one of these great weapons I have just recently caught the bug to get a 98k, but I know it won't be easy to find.

Recently a few stocks with proper German stampings have come up for sale. Is it worth assembling a rifle by buying parts? I realise you lose out on the authenticity of a 'matching parts' weapon, and that would probably bug me

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25