Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

that is a really nice looking rifle kewo

also zwerge i just saw on of those chromed bayonets with the scabbard on eBay for $65.00 US with a $5.15 shipping would you say that it is a good deal

My all matching byf 42.

Has that stock been sanded? Nice K98k though!

My guess is the stock could have been lightly sanded. All edges are still sharp and not at all rounded. A friend of mine who collects 98ks, and alot more knowledgable then me, said 1942s in good condition are kind of hard to come by. He claims because of the very high rate of loss suffered in Russia in 42 and 43. At any rate picked this one up for about the price of what Russian capture rifles are going for in my area. They were asking $499, but accepted $399. Also came with the original sling, which was not shown in the other photos. Bore is near perfect and bolt face looks like it may have been fired little if at all. Only part that is not numbered is the cleaning rod.

Hi,

1) My single rune SS mauser BNZ 44 (recalibred 8x60 french law).
    2) The same not SS.
    Regards.
    Carfin.

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

My new K98 Mauser

This German Mauser was made by "243" in 1940 with the Low production number "5"... It has all matching numbers and Kriegsmarine markings

Some photos from the seller..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    My new K98 Mauser

This German Mauser was made by "243" in 1940 with the Low production number "5"... It has all matching numbers and Kriegsmarine markings

Some photos from the seller..
    I finally got it in the mail today!
    My new K98 Mauser

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Leander, Great looking German Navy 98k... Really nice...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Many great rifles in this thread.
    I am in the buying phase myself but cant decide which year or maker that is the most desireble one, I f any one of you can give me some pointers I would be very happy =)
    I will be using it in some hunting and target shooting so it will be used aswell. I can choose from Russian captured ones that isnt matching numbers and they are restored and drilled barrels from 7,9 to 7,96 mm (does it affect precision?) Or i can buy a matching number one for double the price that I dont really know the condition on barrel etc.
    Thats why I like som pointers on what to look at when buying mauser

ian
    ?

there realy are none beter than BNZ coded fire arms of any tipe
    the best made there are
    cheers ian

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25