Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Awesome.. How did you determine that? Is there any other info you could provide on the rifle? I really appreciate you passing on your knowledge..

?

I looked in a reference book on mausers.Yours was made in Spain at Industrias de Guerra arsenal.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

kc1
    ?

Can someone in the know pass their eye over this and say what it is please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

?

A modern day made fake with sanded stock. These repop scopes tend to be delicate as well when shooting.

ian
    ?

Quote by gew98 View Post
    A modern day made fake with sanded stock. These repop scopes tend to be delicate as well when shooting.
    erm ye ok boll&ks ,
    its a rusian capture (electro stencile numbers)(missing capture screws) etc ,etc,arsenel refurbed
    other than that as far as i can tel its good
    BUT ,,,, ????
    im deubiouse about the scope
    allso the scope mounts ?? allso the safety lever i believe is a reprodution ,,to new and slightely diferent in shape ,, but then hey ,who am i to judge
    the rifle its self is good

allso i think the stock is just un-laqured ,, not sanded , however the exstractor on the bolt has the russian red laquer on it
    just the rest dont sit right
    cheers ian
    Last edited by ian; 06-24-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Hey guys,
    I'm hoping I'm putting this in the right thread, if I've messed up, pardon me.
    Hopefully someone can help me.....my grandfather brought this back from WWII & it was given to my brother. My brother now wants to sell it & I'm interested in purchasing it, but we have no idea of what it's value might be.
    My memory is fuzzy on this, but I'm under the impression that it came from a factory & I'm thinking it's never been fired. I'll post some pics & any information that you could give me would be greatly appreciated. It has some nicks here & there, it's not perfect but it's in very nice shape. My photography/inferior camera do not do it justice.

There's an 898 in the stock in the last pic, it's actually stamped into it in 2 places. The next to the last pic has "bcd" & 43. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Just got my rifle back from a gunsmith. I had him do the casting, safety check, and identification.
    Turns out the rifle is not a 1893 spanish mauser. It is a czech vz24. 7x57mm

No it isn't-its a Spanish M1916 Short rifle with the later leaf spring rear sights fitted during the Spanish Civil War (1936 to 39) -basically a shortened version of the M1893 Rifle with turned down bolt handle. I would suggest you check Wikipedia to see the various Mauser rifles but if you check out Spanish M1916 you will see your example.

?

Quote by jacoyle View Post
    Just got my rifle back from a gunsmith. I had him do the casting, safety check, and identification.
    Turns out the rifle is not a 1893 spanish mauser. It is a czech vz24. 7x57mm
    I would suggest you get another gunsmith.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

This is my rifle that was identified by a gunsmith as a vz24 7x57. (just to make sure you guys were looking at the right rifle)
    I made a mistake by not quoting the previous photos...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25