Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

?

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Thank you Mauser9 , I paid 540 USD I do not know if it's too much , but I am very pleased with it
    Regards

Quote by STG44 View Post
    Thank you Mauser9 , I paid 540 USD I do not know if it's too much , but I am very pleased with it
    Regards
    I think you did pretty well. I've seen Russian captured (non matching serial numbers) K98ks with intact andlers/swastikas go for that much.

That was a very good price STG 44. All matching ones in good shape in US go over $1200. Would not part with mine. How does it group shots.

did an awesome job. looks great

On regards to using "Tippex"
    I have a question about the whitening of the stampings, did originals have this feature or is this something only done for photos to identify the stampings, or to do for permanent just for appeal?
    Thanks-Ben

?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    On regards to using "Tippex"
    I have a question about the whitening of the stampings, did originals have this feature or is this something only done for photos to identify the stampings, or to do for permanent just for appeal?
    Thanks-Ben
    It`s just done for photos.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thank you for the information, I am currently looking to add a k98 to my collection one that is useable and not in mint shape anyone know of any good sources I can only find them for 600+ with mixed parts unless they are Russian captured. -Ben

local gun Auctions at least for me. is good source for non RC's. Mixed parts rate is about $500 to $600 that non RC. matching is about $1000 more or less depending on conditions. Another place to try is WAF some are for sale from time to time.

?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    That was a very good price STG 44. All matching ones in good shape in US go over $1200. Would not part with mine. How does it group shots.
    When I test fired the gun it shoot great. Then I bought it, cleaned it and would shoot it again and now I cant assemble the shots properly.
    I am considering switching to a new barrel.
    Regards

I've seen many pictures online of K98s and other weapons with white stuff filling in the stampings to make them easier to read. Is it ok to do so, and could someone recommend a way to do this to my Russian Capture?

Happy Holidays!

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25