Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

It's usually a type of wax pen thats used not liquid paper/tippex-sometimes the rear sights of rifles are treated this way to make the range marks easier to read in service but otherwise its a collector cosmetic thing to do.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    It's usually a type of wax pen thats used not liquid paper/tippex-sometimes the rear sights of rifles are treated this way to make the range marks easier to read in service but otherwise its a collector cosmetic thing to do.
    If anyone knows the exact product I need to do this, let me know!

Well; here is my pick up as of late. One of many K98's.

My 1944; 135 BYF Mauserwerk (Oberndorf) K98.

Amazing bore; Vet Bring back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

?

Nics k98 is it number matching ?
    Regards

Yup! Great matching rifle!

?

I like it
    Regards

?

Here is my new bnz4 with matching numbers.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

?

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

What is the price on K98s nowadays?
    My father bought one when the Norwegian army were switching over to the AG-3. They sold them for 20-25 bucks at that time. They are converted to .30-06 though, but still a very nice weapon(Don't have any pictures, it usually just stays in the weapon safe).

I have been wanting to buy a K98 that is deactivated and in the original caliber which I can display, but my father always tells me "Why bother to buy one if you already have one?"
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

And it shoots great,Shots are fired at 100 meters
    Hope you enjoyed the pictures
    Regards

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25