Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

?

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Quote by Collectorww2 View Post
    What is the price on K98s nowadays?
    My father bought one when the Norwegian army were switching over to the AG-3. They sold them for 20-25 bucks at that time. They are converted to .30-06 though, but still a very nice weapon(Don't have any pictures, it usually just stays in the weapon safe).

I have been wanting to buy a K98 that is deactivated and in the original caliber which I can display, but my father always tells me "Why bother to buy one if you already have one?"
    Here's one for sale in your own country
    Regards

Plombert Mauser K98 - kupp på QXL.no Sluttdato: 23.04.2012 07:36

Great looking rifles guys. As far as price a good kar 98k all matching can fetch $1500 or more in my neck of the woods. Have a 1940 coded 243 Borsigwalde given to me by my father in law. price will always stay high as to shortage of all matching ones. Hold on to it.

?

Beautiful rifles, Gentlemen. My collection pales in comaprison to what is shown here. But here is my best, thanks for looking.

-237 1939 bolt mismatch only, km marked
    -duv 1941 matching
    -bcd/ar 1942 matching
    -bcd 1942 bolt mismatch only
    -bnz 1943 matching
    -dou 1944 matching
    I have managed to aquire matching bayonets/scabbards from the years 1936-1944....still chasing the elusive 1935 and 1945!

?

very nice collection joe.... I wish they were all mine
    Regards

?

Thank you Sir
    Joe

Fantastic collection Joe Have only two but would not part with them. Values have gone through the roof. Hold on to them

?

Quote by ian View Post
    please understand FROM STEYR DAIMLER PUCH ,,,,, all SS contract guns they made did NOT have waffenampts or PROOF marks
    they were made on a private SS contract
    singleS rune
    argue all you like these ar the facts
    SS contract !!!!
    many after that were made fore the army with BNZ code
    only one contract ever for the SS
    ive stated this before and been shot down
    but ill tell you ,, ive seen the evedence and will stand my ground on this one
    remember 1,, single rune ,usaly under the breach
    any od wafwenampts ,,,and especialy proof marks ARE NOT BNZ SS CONTRACT
    G'day mate, u were saying a single rune under the breach? My 1937 S/42 mauser has several marks under there, I was suprised to see so many different stamps under there. No waffenampts on the stock anywhere but several =63= on the top. check the pic n let me know what you think cheers. This pic is missing an 8 and 4 down the bottom in each corner. =
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Nethill
    ?

Landrø sells them for ~1000 NOK (around 160 USD), but its a bit based on luck if they have any non converted for sale at any given time. They still got a whole load of them left but its a mix between the ones converted to 30-06 and 7.62mm, + some that is still original. Oh and also they are re-stamped.
    You could try used listings in hunting and shooting mags, but ~99% of those are .30-06...

Ok for those of you not from Norway, Mangne Landrø is one of the better shooters Norway has seen - and now runs a gun shop called Landrø. During the 1990s they bought up the Norwegian army's reserve of k98 and while they have sold of quite a few of them they still have a lot left (last I checked I was told in the low 4000 - this was in 2009).
    To be honest pretty much every major Norwegian gun shop sells k98 or converted k98 from time to time.

EDIT:
    was in reply to Collectorww2...
    But i kinda messed it up

EDIT 2:
    I changed the text to clarify for those of you not from Norway/Snow-way - again my bad
    Last edited by Nethill; 06-02-2012 at 08:27 AM.

?

Who is landro and what is ~1000 NOK,sorry I had to ask but we are from a lot of different countries on this forum....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

If I am not mistaken, Landrø is a hunting/weapons store. 1000 NOK= Norwegian Kroner. About 160 $.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25